Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Pads For 'big Brake' Kits

lightwave

Hi guys,

When you buy a big brake kit for any car, such as brembo GT, AP Racing, KAD, StopTech etc. etc. how do you know what brake pads you need to fit to these kits when it comes to replacment?

I guess it would be really dumb to assume you can just go and get brake pads for an IS if you've changed the calipers, so I guess there must be some that fit these, but how do you know?

Any suggestions appreciated. Perhaps when you get the kit, the instructions/manual that comes with them specify which pads need to be bought - but I don't know how pads are specified either, so...

Anyone?

Thanks!

Al

The problem is the brembo GT kits come with illegal pads that contain asbestos. You can't use those in the EC.

Would other pads from other manufacturers fit do you suppose? Or do brembo in the UK sell pads that don't contain asbestos perhaps? These are the kits from the USA which have pads with asbestos.

Ok, if anyone else is interested, or was thinking about a big brake kit and hasn't considered this - I've emailed several UK suppliers of this kit in the UK and posed the question.

Hopefully they'll let me know which replacement pads should be bought, where sells them, how much they are and they should also be legal UK versions.

When I know - you'll know. I'll post the replies.

why not any pad?,the AP kit i have for the M3,suggested pagid or ferrodo pads for track use/fast road,they always recommend a couple im sure,but doesnt mean you cant try a few different types and see which you prefer.Some swear by pagid and say ferrodo are naff,im sure its all about your driving style.

if you want ap go to simpson,they are awesome chaps over there

http://www.simpsonmotorsport.co.uk/bmw-tun...12&offset=0

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links