Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all!

My name is Chris, i stay in Motherwell (not far from Glasgow) in Scotland! I was brought to the attention of the forum through my quest to get myself a 525 SE BMW! :blink:

While proweling many garages on the look out for a 525, i was introduced to a G plate (1990) LS400 in dark grey! And to tell you the truth i have fallen for the big beast! But insteed of raging right in there i took the reg for an experian check and the model to see if i can find out a bit more about these machines......an wa-la...im here!

The LS400 have a great rite up! Can anyone give me a bit of advice with regards to buying this car? Things to look for during test drive ect?

She is a G plate in Dark grey, auto, 130307 miles on the clock. The garage sdold the car to the last owner a few years back and the boy traded the beast back in for a something a bit smaller. Its had the cam belt changed a 90,000 but the service book is lost for it. It will be MOT'd for a year and its coming in at £1200!

Any views or advice anyone?

Cheers, look forward to posting a fair bit on this forum (if i get her! :D )

Chris!

Hi and welcome to LOC

Be wary with no service history ( I would ask why there isn't) as these cars are expensive to repair and maintain.

I think you can get the service history through a Lexus dealer if you can quote the VIN but not sure if they will want to see proof of ownership 1st ( or ask the seller).

I'm a novice owner myself but I'm sure there will be more detailed advice coming through soon from other more expert members.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi and welcome to LOC

Be wary with no service history ( I would ask why there isn't) as these cars are expensive to repair and maintain.

I think you can get the service history through a Lexus dealer if you can quote the VIN but not sure if they will want to see proof of ownership 1st ( or ask the seller).

I'm a novice owner myself but I'm sure there will be more detailed advice coming through soon from other more expert members.

Cheers,

Steve

Cheers mate! I might quiz the garage some more and get the VIN and visit Lexus in Glasgow to see if i can dig anything out!

Rogue - How did you guess mate? :D

Hello all!

My name is Chris, i stay in Motherwell (not far from Glasgow) in Scotland! I was brought to the attention of the forum through my quest to get myself a 525 SE BMW! :blink:

While proweling many garages on the look out for a 525, i was introduced to a G plate (1990) LS400 in dark grey! And to tell you the truth i have fallen for the big beast! But insteed of raging right in there i took the reg for an experian check and the model to see if i can find out a bit more about these machines......an wa-la...im here!

The LS400 have a great rite up! Can anyone give me a bit of advice with regards to buying this car? Things to look for during test drive ect?

She is a G plate in Dark grey, auto, 130307 miles on the clock. The garage sdold the car to the last owner a few years back and the boy traded the beast back in for a something a bit smaller. Its had the cam belt changed a 90,000 but the service book is lost for it. It will be MOT'd for a year and its coming in at £1200!

Any views or advice anyone?

Cheers, look forward to posting a fair bit on this forum (if i get her! :D )

Chris!

Hi there, mate, recently joined the fourm myself, only advise I would give is have a good look around eBay and other car sales area's before buying, £1200 is mk2 area's really, I'm on my second ls400 first was a high milage mk1 (280k) and new one is a mk2 with 85k on the clock, history is a problem if you are going to sell the car on, but if you get it cheep enough and are willing to service the car fully before using it then go for it ! the ls400 is a wonderfull car ans can't fault it, but really look at the car carfully, make sure everything works ! I didn't with my latest one and am paying for it now, but then I got the car at a good price so din't mind paying a little to fix it

Hi and Welcome to LOC Chrisy Bhoy :)

Its worth doing your homework on the LS ;)

There are good and bad condition cars for around the money you say.

The best piece of mind would be to spend the price of a MOT and take the car for one,tell the garage that the cars yours and your selling it :winky:

They will have a GOOD look over the car as they wont want any come backs from the new owner if you sale it on.That way you will have a idea on how much the parts might cost if you have to replace anything if it fails.

Suspension parts are they expensive parts on the car if your looking at keeping the car for a few years.

If your looking at just running the car for a year or less and bin it if it fails its next MOT and dont mind losing a few quid then as long as its got a long MOT then its still cheap motoring.

£1200 is alot of car for the money,but not if you have to spend anything on it.The LS is a Hard car to sale on because not many people want the running costs.

My Advice is to Hangle Hard when buying B)

Good Luck with the car if you do go on to buy one.

Cheers..

Chips.

Thanks Guys!

Im quizing the garage about the service book and when the cam belt was changed just now!

For the £1200 the car will be MOT'd for a year, do you think i should push my luck and ask for 6/12 months road tax? At least then iv got the car no the road for the the year in the price i payed! Again that service is niggling in the back of my head!

Al keep you's posted anyway guys! Thanks again! :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links