Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Diy Mini Service

ALI_1

am thinking of servicing my car myself before the realy sh*ty wether sets in these prob sound stupid quetions but i dont want to get it wrong here goes

1. what kind of engine oil is best is200 sport

2. coolent i didnt know that there were soooo much out there whice one is best

3 am not going to try this one myself but do i realy need to change the diff oil if so again which one do i use

4. i have seen bosh 4 head spark plugs are these any good (on ebay)

5. is a drive belt same as a timing belt

• 4 weeks later...
am thinking of servicing my car myself before the realy sh*ty wether sets in these prob sound stupid quetions but i dont want to get it wrong here goes

1. what kind of engine oil is best is200 sport

3 am not going to try this one myself but do i realy need to change the diff oil if so again which one do i use

4. i have seen bosh 4 head spark plugs are these any good (on ebay)

5. is a drive belt same as a timing belt

hi there hope this helps

1 5/40 fully synthetic

2 toyota red anti freeze

3 epx 90 gl 5 this is a easy job make sure you take the filler plug out first before draining

4 you will need 6 plugs and they do sell them on eBay they come from america i have bought them

5 sometimes they call the timing belt a drive belt but it usuall refers to the alernator water pump a/c drive belts

if you have a Halfords near you have a look in there they have oil books in there

Can answer a couple of q's!

1. what kind of engine oil is best is200 sport - Handbook suggests 5w30 is best, but some use 10w40. Fully Synthetic or Semi is fine.

4. i have seen bosh 4 head spark plugs are these any good (on ebay) - Not sure if you'd benefit from these, just go for Denso IK 20

5. is a drive belt same as a timing belt - Yes. Not sure how much they are on eBay, but they cost around £30 from a dealer here.

Thanx for the help guys i got the timing belt changed at a garage it was a kit £250 going to get the engine oil /diff oil/ coolant changed at a garage i aint got much confidance doing it maself il give the sparkplugs ago seem simple evan for me

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links