Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is...from Downunder, Mate.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the kind words people

using a stock canon 350D with standard 18-55 lens:)

I took it to the track yesterday and it really needs a power-up

watch for a 1uzfe lexus v8 conversion by the end of the year :D

ive got an HKS backbox exhaust on it, and it usuall gets about 6-7kw more than stock is's... it makes 89kw atw

Has anyone done a full exhaust... i rekon with straight through exhaust and a metalcat (including extractors, amybe 95kwatw without?) i should be able to get 100kwatw judging by how restrictive the standard exhaust is

anyone had an experience with this?

• 2 months later...

I know Adie was going to put skyline brakes on his IS but i know he never got round to doing it.

Welcome to the LOC though mate cars looking nice, shame you have to hide that it's and IS though. Sounds like you've got some really good plans for the car.

The conversion sounds good sure there was a guy from NZ who did similar recently.

Keep us posted mate

• 2 weeks later...

allright! well another track day goes by and another two sets of rear tyres are destroyed! We had 4 members of the altezzaclub of australia in attendance (most lexus owners prefer bling and cruising)

anyway, here are some photos of the day:

541721786_5cf85bc007_o.jpg

541720548_d4473b3321_o.jpg

541718996_eac8df81b2_o.jpg

541825855_4c548e901c_o.jpg

541718692_59ee8863c0_o.jpg

charlieav9.jpg

dscf0463xa1.jpg

DSC_3708.jpg

wakefield3.jpg

wakefield7.jpg

twindoriym7.jpg

*exhale*

oh and here is my favourite:

541725542_8db5138031_o.jpg

i think people are starting to realise the IS is not just an executive express :D

More photos at www.circuitclub.com.au --> gallery. There were some awsome cars there, like amazing cars too many to post here!

videos to come soon :D

• 1 month later...
forgot to mention... its make 86kw or 115HP at the rear treads :D

The car looks great, I really like it. Especially the orange wheels, surprised me how nice they look!!

Out of curiosity, what power should your car have been out of the factory??

I have no idea about the kw, but 115bhp sounds a bit low to me.

I recently went on a trip down to a rolling road and it came back 149.02bhp at the fly and 134.44bhp at the wheels.

By the way, up to now mine is untouched, still factory spec performance wise.

Not bad figures there considering it should be 153 at new. I know there was talk that you lose the power through the drive train but the manuals lose less but noe certain on this.

Look forward to seeing the pics of the exhaust when it's fitted.

I took it to the track yesterday and it really needs a power-up

watch for a 1uzfe lexus v8 conversion by the end of the year :D

Heh heh - and last week we were talking about bringing in some TTE S/C's through TDi, and i expect the 1J will be on the cards before the end of the month...

1UZ with 5spd ftw.... pending a drive of Mos's car (we hae a V8 conversion just about to be completed here in Sydney).

its going to be years before i can do anything motor wise! for now i'm reaching for that 100kw atw rainbow

the v8 doesn't look all that tempting, as its an extra serious amount of weight! Gotta reduce weight...

but i'll reserve my judgment until i get a ride in mos's machine

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

thanks for the kind words folks, i enjoy this car every single day - never stops making me smile

the supra brakes are an amazing upgrade, are they not?

Jamie - i LOVE bottom, saving up for season 3rd season. Eddie and ritchie ever cease to amaze me. Bieng half english i guess it is in the blood!

• 9 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links