Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Shoes!

Hando

Got a bonus last friday @ work.

Decided to treat myself a little....

Spoke to Mike M about buying his TTE 18's from him.

Spoke to Dave @ Prolex about getting some -35mm springs.

Spoke to Tony @ w-i-m about meeting up for a full geo.

Picked today as the day.

A little ambitious, I admit. And so much room for things to go wrong with such short notice.

But...

Springs turned up at work yesterday (thanks Dave for rushing the order through!!!)

Met Prolex Tony at Dartford at 10am this morning to pick up Black Betty's old shoes.

Then met up with Tony at STS at 12pm for spring/wheel fitting + geo (everything they say about Tony on here is true - a real pro and I felt 100% safe in his hands.)

end result: at 4:30 pm I left STS with a completely different car. Both looks and handling.

It's early days yet and I've been driving gently to let the springs settle and allow me to get used to the new handling. But so far the most obvious feeling (and this one is pretty obvious): it feels "lower" I really feel the centre of gravity having changed and it makes the car feel that much firmer (so much less body roll) and the steering feels more responsive but much less twitchy.

I'll post a pic tomorrow and I believe the Dr. was taking pics of the whole process for the wim forum.

anyway cheers again to Mike, Dave and Tony: one very happy customer all round

:driving:

Nice! Did you get the shoes refurbed?

No need - they'd only been on Black Betty a little while - they're in almost mint condition. :)

O ok... I thought the lacquer on the chrome lip was peeling away.. :yawn:

Nice! Did you get the shoes refurbed?

No need - they'd only been on Black Betty a little while - they're in almost mint condition. :)

O ok... I thought the lacquer on the chrome lip was peeling away.. :yawn:

Ah no - this was the TTE ones that Mike got to replace the black/polished lips ones that had all that grief...

here they are

DSC00162.jpg

B)

Looks very nice m8y! :winky:

Is that with the 35mm drop on? Guess they need a bit of time to bed in?

Yep that's with the drop - gonna give them a coupla thou miles to bed in then back to the Dr.

Im expecting them to settle down quite a bit esp at the front. The drop deffo seems more noticeable at the rear right now.

The Dr. was taking picks of the process for the wim site.

If anyone wants to see the exact steps in fitting the springs they can head over there for a pictorial walkthrough.

Thanks again Tony!

Thank you for the opportunity to cover the installation in wim: http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...pic=860&hl= LOC has this procedure in the knowledge base although we do deviate a little from the bridal path. A variation is healthy in my book.

The car was totally compliant both in installation and Geometric recovery... An absolute pleasure to work with! Also i must say credit when credit is due. Top marks to Prolex with the delivery of the springs and to Mike Morse with the wheels... If either one was delayed then the installation would have been set back a few weeks, so well done guys!

Next step is wait for the springs to settle then recover the Geometry again.... Job done :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links