Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Poor Supplier Service

Usually007

Hi Guys,

If any of you are about to do any business with a company called R&A Designs in Grimsby I should think twice if I were you.

I ordered some kit from them a while back and it took over 6 weeks to arrive. They miss quoted me the price and then charged my credit card as soon as I placed the order without telling me. Half the kit didn’t arrive and what did was wrong.

They have received the kit back from me but are refusing to refund my cash unless their supplier refunds them. What kind of a service is that? Cowboys!

I have had to contact my credit card company and have them investigated!

Save yourselves the pain and avoid them like the plague!

:angry::angry::angry:

You should contact your local Tradin Standards, this is in contravention to the Sales of Goods Act - the contract of sale was between you and the retailer, not you and their supplier. You should demand a cash refund, in writing - give them 7 days to send you your money and tell them that no action will result in your contact TS and possibly issuing a small claims writ.

It is also illegal to debit a card prior to shipping the goods.

I used this company some 10 years ago when they did deep bumpers for Mark 2 Golf GTI's. Whilst I got what I wanted, I was never that impressed with the quality, and the fit wasn't that good either. Never used them again and neither did any of my GTI owning mates. :(

Hi Guys,

I wondered where this post went. I thought Steve had disallowed it! :huh:

Anyway, I wrote to R&A warning them that I was going to my credit card company and would be posting details of my experience with them on LOC with a deadline of a week.

I have now received my refund and an apologetic letter (which strangely also included a line that says "we are monitoring the Lexus Owners Club website and you will be subject to a legal inquiry if you mention our company"). Shame they didn't make the effort to contact me before the deadline!!!! :duh:

Looks as though the threat of LOC went a long way toward securing my refund. Power to the people!

Thanks again for setting up this site! :D :D LOL

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links