Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had Is200 Geometry Set Up

Had the car geometry setup by a reputable firm, I gave them Tony Bones' settings and asked them to set the car according to these settings. They set the car up and i passed the report onto Tony and found out they set up wrong and didnt follow his instructions.

The car felt very nervous at high speed, steering feel was poor and on sharp corners felt like it was unbalanced and oversteery.

Yesterday I took a trip down to Tony @ W.I.M and he set the car up correctly.

Now the car is totally different, it feels much more balanced and steering feel is much improved, the nervousness has gone and it corners brilliantly, on the way back home I took the A-roads to see how good the setup was and it was fantastic and I felt confident in pushing the car round the bends and I enjoyed the drive back very much.

So if anyone is having the handling issues I had then I'd reccommend getting the car set up correctly and you will be surprised by the difference.

Job well done Tony, thanks for the great service.

I don't think emmo786 will mention the company's name since he intends to take action against them.

As most know wim re-wrote the IS200/300 front Geometry positions two years ago and proved the new setup stops the infamous inner tyre wear. emmo786 asked wim for the positions and the procedure, this we happily volunteered.

He then sent the positions to me for validation.... I asked for the "final positions" not the "before" He explained the figures sent were the "final". Needless to say they were dire and totally removed from the company's provenience... emmo786 questioned the positions where not as requested and they said they were happy with the results!!!

Note: We weren't interested on how happy they are!

emmo786 came to wim yesterday and i set the cars chassis... it was totally compliant leaving the positions perfectly balanced.... Nothing was seized and all the adjuster cams were able to achieve the requested set-up.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links