Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oem Lexus Parking Sensors

BruNo

just curious, does the lexus OEM parking sensors consist of only 2 or four sensors on the rear bumper?????

can they be painted in body color?

lastly, aside from the audible warning sounds, does the OEM parking aid....feature a digital display like in Mercedes?

Any toyota/lexus part number for it??? i cant go for quannan..coz im from a far country from u guys... i have only access on toyota parts.

I have the Lexus OEM Parking Sensors and am very happy with them. The only advantage of the Quanam system is that is has a visual readout but from what I have seen its pretty ugly (nothing like the one in mercs so you probably wouldnt use it).

The Lexus ones have no visual indicator at all but it is not really necessary.

Also, the quanam sensors appear to fix onto the bumper, whereas the Lexus sensors are embedded into the bumper.

With regards, to painting them, i'm not sure, but mine are blue to match the car. I'm not sure whether Lexus painted them but they look more like they just came blue.

All in all, i think the lexus sensors leave a more professional and 'meant to be there' finish.

Also, there are 4 sensors in the Lexus system.

hmm Unlesss you have seen the quannan system there is no difference to the look of the Quannan ones and the Lexus ones.

The Quanann syetem has top votes in car mags and is very precise. The visual display unit does not have to be used. if you want to use it then it can be positioned out of general view on the pillar above the seat belt.

Plus it is a fraction of the cost of the Lexus added version.

I would take the pepsi challenge with them anyday and Quannan gets my vote.

sorry must have been mistaken but i saw someone's installation that i'm sure was quanan and his ones were surface mounted

but if there are ones available same as lexus ones then i apologise for the useless advice :blink:

it also means i paid out £400 quid to lexus for no reason :withstupid:

I have the Lexus OEM sensors, which were fitted by the dealer on delivery. They were black, but I asked for them to be colour coded (as the car is a Platinum Ice IS200), which the dealer kindly did free of charge.

Initially they blended in really well, however, after 10 months the paint has started to flake away from the flexible rubber part of the sensor face, leaving me with sensors that are silver in the middle, surrounded by a patchy black/silver ring outside that, and finally silver on the outer bezel. I can't say I'm surprised as it's very difficult to paint something flexible like rubber.

In addition to that, the sensors have begun playing up recently. After inspecting the system and being unable to find any obvious fault, the dealer suggested that painting them might have caused the problem. They'd be happy to replace them free of charge (for plain black ones), but as I'm changing the car, I'm not that bothered. (Incidentally, they have said that they have stopped offering to colour-code the sensors because of this potential problem).

It is a shame that they don't seem to be able to supply pre-colour coded OEM items, the likes of which you see on many other cars. The black ones, on a silver car look rather naff. :(

sorry must have been mistaken but i saw someone's installation that i'm sure was quanan and his ones were surface mounted

but if there are ones available same as lexus ones then i apologise for the useless advice :blink:

it also means i paid out £400 quid to lexus for no reason :withstupid:

hmm they do two kinds.. stick on ones and flush fit (drill through) ones

£125 compared to £400 to do the same job...

thanks for d replies guys!!!

im from the Philippines.... im gonna replace my rear bumper, and just had d thought that while having a new one installed, i might as well install parking sensors while a new bumper is being mounted.

its really quite confusing bcoz some lexus pics ive seen had four sensors, some only two. any part numbers pleeez????

i currently have a parktronic system in my other car, it works wonders! but i really like the LED digital display, as it only emits audible warnings when im very close, say ...on the red zone of the yellow/red LED display. so i dont seem to comprehend much, how an "beeping only" system works...it might b too annoying to here beeps whenever i reverse. i only want a beep wen im too close to hitting an object just like a benz does....at least, with leds, u can more or less estimate on how close u are.

i do have a silver metallic IS, i guess its called platinum ice in this forum..... and black sensors seem to b out of place also...hehehe....

In the UK the IS200's have a beep on reverse anyway, I was told its cos its a 6-speed gearbox and people were getting it wrong and going for 1st!

Does anyone know if this beep can be disabled? If go for the Quanann system then can then have that beep rather than 2!

I saw on the installation piccies (I think) that someone put the display under the radio, has anyone put it anywhere else that looks good? I must admit I dunno if I like the display, doesn't fit with the lovely dash - didn't know you could leave it off and it still work!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links