Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's Looking Like A Write-off

javaboss

Guys,

Well, the insurance assessor has just phoned me. Here is what he said:

1) The sub-frame is twisted.

2) You can't get replacements for a Lexus.

3) He doesn't like side impacts like mine and tends towards writing them off.

4) You can strengthen the underside of the vehicle but he doesn't like to do that.

5) His opening offer for my car was £17,300 if it's written off.

He's got to work out all the figures, but his gut feeling is that it'll be a total loss. If I can get him up to £17,750 I shall be a happy customer. I won't know the deal until Friday or maybe early next week.

I've got to fax him the registration document, vehicle sales invoice and any prices I've found on the internet. I have found 9 cars at £18k. He said that he would do some internet research too.

He also said that we were not 'miles' apart on the value so he was sure we could come to an agreement if he writes it off.

He didn't guarantee it would be a write off, but from the way he was talking I'm 90% certain that's the way it'll go.

It's not definite yet, but the assessor sounded very reluctant to be putting the car back together again.

He said that they would have to 'strengthen' the underside of the car as the sub-frame could not be replaced. He mentioned that the subframe was bent. I really don't understand any of this stuff, but from what I gather the underside of the car is bent and they can't replace it. Sounds like it would be a bit of a bodge to fix the car from what he was saying.

I'm sure that he wouldn't have been discussing write-off values with me if he wasn't leaning heavily towards that happening.

Also, I'm sure he wouldn't have asked me to fax the V5, purchase invoice and used car prices to him if he was going to fix it! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links