Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Total Closure

Any chance of a kit with a wiring guide in oics that we could buy maybe??

one for windows and one for the mirrors??

I'll be getting back to the mirrors and sunroof mirrors soon, but not doing the windows.

Only because of the factors stated above. Maybe when there are loads on the road and have been tested for a reasonable length of time, but until then I'm afraid not.

not even with a signed disclaimer from the buyer?? happy to be a guinea pig!!

I'm afraid not. This is because you must apply a close signal for the tilt, and a close for the slide (as there is no return signal to say which mode it is in)

They can't be done at the same time (as it cancels itself out and does nothing) and just to be more infuriating, there needs to be a slight delay between tilt/slide signals.

What you need to do is put the sunroof ECU into live as the ignition is off. Then you must have an o/c on the tilt and slide part of the ECU for 800ms. You must apply a negative on the tilt for 6 seconds, then hold off (above ground) for at least 800ms then apply a negative to the slide. This can be done with a 4017 decade counter.

You also need to build in something that will detect the ignition being switched on because if you left the car, then remembered something and jumped straight back in, the unit would still be timing and the ECU gets a bit upset.

I hope to be back up to speed shortly doing the sunroof/mirror closures and the audio aux inputs which will be available through Prolex.

See this is the bit than bambozzled me as well. Because of how many timers needed. I.e power on, then tilt, then slide. so in the end just put it on slide as thats really the only action i use.

Stav

not even with a signed disclaimer from the buyer?? happy to be a guinea pig!!

Sorry mate, statutory rights would overrule anything you signed against. Most companies don't realise that their own contracts are actually void!! Always question anything you have signed.

whats the worst case scenario with the windows?

There's a few things that could happen.

1. Someone gets stuck in them.

2. The Nylon cogs against the metal could sheer with prolonged use.

3. I suppose it is even possible for the glass to break if the shut off failed.

It all comes down to the current sensors in the IS. I've not had them on long enough test to see how good they are, or how much strain is on the nylon.

If anything is released commercially or for reward, the law can come down on you pretty hard which is why I have given away how to do it, with possible effects so it is entirely up to you being fully informed of the risks.

As I say though, mine and a few others have worked fine. I just wouldn't release it because of these "just in case" scenarios without full testing, etc. which I'm not really in a good position to do right now. It takes months of testing with prolonged use over many cars to safely say everything will be ok.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links