Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Glossop Meet

Rogue

I'm off to get the replacement fitted on Monday :D

Couldn't wait so took the day off work (have been covering for someone else so didn't think I could take any days off for a few weeks but managed to get one day) to go there and back in the day.

Looking forward to the drive back :driving:

Car doesn't feel good with it disconnected - not sure if it's the ECU, IK22 spark plugs or something to do with the air intake but it seems to be getting more and more sluggish, particularly as you go up the revs. Need the s/c sorted so the car feels right again - and better than ever! :D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm off to get the replacement fitted on Monday :D

Couldn't wait so took the day off work (have been covering for someone else so didn't think I could take any days off for a few weeks but managed to get one day) to go there and back in the day.

Looking forward to the drive back :driving:

Car doesn't feel good with it disconnected - not sure if it's the ECU, IK22 spark plugs or something to do with the air intake but it seems to be getting more and more sluggish, particularly as you go up the revs. Need the s/c sorted so the car feels right again - and better than ever! :D

Im off work next week, so i might see you :D some of the parts that im having made are ready :D so got to collect them, and see if thay fit, then if all is well :shutit: well we will see :D

Cheers Bobby. You'll be glad to hear I currently have some feelers out for a trustworthy bodyshop that doesn't cost the earth - must get those side skirts off the top of the wardrobe! :P The shed is about to collapse too so the bumper will be sitting on the bed in our spare room from tomorrow... :unsure:

Gord - will probably be there around lunchtime, er, ish I would think. Possibly. Steve said it would only take 15 mins so not to bother booking in for a particular time. Hope to see you then, along with the new bits for your car :)

I bet your smiling already Adam :D Hope all goes well this time mate :D

Thanks but I'm not smiling yet. :blush: More worried about the way the car is running and hoping I make it down there ok. Trying not to use it unless I have to. :crybaby:

Also, quite paranoid about getting another duff one :shutit: - you know what my luck is like!

I'm sure all will be fine though. And the :D will return on the way home on Monday...

I bet your smiling already Adam :D Hope all goes well this time mate :D

Thanks but I'm not smiling yet. :blush: More worried about the way the car is running and hoping I make it down there ok. Trying not to use it unless I have to. :crybaby:

Also, quite paranoid about getting another duff one :shutit: - you know what my luck is like!

I'm sure all will be fine though. And the :D will return on the way home on Monday...

Sorry didn't see you mate,

How is the car running now mate :question:

Sorry didn't see you mate,

How is the car running now mate :question:

Yeah, Simon said you were there earlier but left before I got there. Traffic was bad so didn't get there until about 1.30pm I think. Didn't get home until 7pm. I forgot how many trucks are on the roads during a working week! :crying:

Simon swapped them over and took it for a spin. He said he thought it had a flat spot, but Steve took it out and said it seemed fine to him. It doesn't feel 100% to me, but it's in for a service soon and so will hopefully feel ok after that. Obviously the supercharger masks the problem and at higher revs it's :D but doesn't seem to "kick in" until about 3500-4000rpm whereas I think when the last one was put on it was "there" all the time. Think the ECU needs resetting or something?

Getting a little bit of a rattle at low revs and idling after it's all warmed up, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that. It is certainly better than the last one!

Adam, fingers crossed this one is ok. I do remember last time Steve saying your car was overdue a service so you should get this done asap (more cash) then that will give you a better idea how the car is running. I know what you mean about the s/c kicking, mine does it straight away (well thats how it feels), instant power :D

I am getting mine remapped tomorrow so I will let you know the results if you want.

Cheers

Bobby

I do remember last time Steve saying your car was overdue a service so you should get this done asap

Thanks mate. The car was serviced last August and has only done about 8000 miles since (including 2 trips to Glossop) so I don't know why it looks overdue one. Now has new spark plugs, air filter and cam belt so it's most of the way there already!

Will be interested in seeing how your remap goes - are you getting the induction kit fitted too?

• 2 weeks later...

Got the car serviced today - feels good again :D The supercharger smile has returned! Haven't had it since the first one broke :crybaby:

Don't know what was wrong because they didn't find anything. Probably just a bit clogged up! Got new brake pads fitted too, so I can put my foot down a bit more now too!

The supercharger gives a slight rattle at low revs (most noticable when pulling away) but I can live with that.

Onto the next mod :whistling:

The supercharger gives a slight rattle at low revs (most noticable when pulling away) but I can live with that.

Thats strange because Snowman says the same thing but I went for a ride with him and couldn't hear anything out of the ordinary :unsure:

Glad your happy now, so what you got on the cards next, apart from the body kit ;)

Jamie said his was doing that too :unsure: Maybe we can compare supercharger rattles at JAE!

Actually getting the bodykit fitted, rather than on top of the wardrobe for a start :blush: ... then something else before JAE. :shifty:

Adam, good to hear all is now well with your s/c. Sounds like the car needed a bit of TLC just to get things running right. Post some pics once the bodykit comes down from the wardrobe & onto the car. Sure Lyndsay will be glad to have the house with less car bits lying about :winky:

I'm going to see if I can get a sound recording of the rattle, as it's really beginning to worry me.

I don't know about the others experiencing the rattle problem but it seems to be in front of the driver - around the dash / pedal area - behind the firewall (engine bay side)

Could this be the pre cats or have some of you had them removed who are experiencing the problem?

Jamie

Have you checked to see if the cradle has snapped that holds the SC in place?

Common problem and mine broke within days, as you look at the cradle it's the piece that connects to the back of the engine bay.

It's just a design problem with the bracket, I took that bit off mine and it was fine :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk