Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Want To Buy A Used Is200, Need Your Advice Please

Hello everyone. My C class was written off last week so it's time to look for a replacement. I liked the C class apart from the rusts issues on Mercedes (4 arches repaired when it was only 4 years old). I've tried to look for another C class but cannot find one of the same age without rust on it, just fed-up with rusts. Now, I've decided to go for the IS200. I've only got 5K to spend so the choices are limited and mileages are mostly over 100K. I prefer automatic to cope with London traffic. Also how bad is it on petrol doing urban driving all the time.

I would like to view this one. I know it's got 114K miles but its got lexus service history. What sort of things should I expect to have been changed by the owner for the car of that mileage? Is it still worth considering or shall I miss this one? Should it be in a good condition, how much do you think shall I offer him. Sorry, just copy and paste the link or could someone fix it for me. Thanks.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_...200719284304671

Hi,

I don't actually have an is200 yet but, I do live near the car in question. If you'd like me to go and have a look at it I'd be more than happy to do so.

Owen

Hello mate and welcome to LOC.

The car looks in good condition worth a good look over though.

If your a bit worried about high mileage just keep looking.

I got my IS200 se although it is a V reg with 50k on it for under £5k mint condition as well,

from auto trader.

What ever you get you won't be disapointed as long as it is a LEXUS of course :D

First things visual, bumper and bonnet for stone chips. Wheels for corrosion and kerbing. Tyres for wear on the inner edge on the fronts. Fogs for water / condensation. make sure CD player works ( not error 3 ).

Owner should have had cam belt changed at 100k - make sure it was. Then it's just general check - look at the FSH. Ask why not 12 months MOT. Test drive and listen and enjoy ( stereo off ).

Hi,

I don't actually have an is200 yet but, I do live near the car in question. If you'd like me to go and have a look at it I'd be more than happy to do so.

Owen

Hi Owen, are you planning to buy a Lexus as well? That's really kind of you offering to check the car for me. If you don't mind, yes please. I was at Slough the other day to check a car as well and it was a complete waste of time as the car was not the same condition as it was described. I think the seller would give it for less than 5K, try to haggle and see how low he will go. Thanks mate.

Richard

Hello mate and welcome to LOC.

The car looks in good condition worth a good look over though.

If your a bit worried about high mileage just keep looking.

I got my IS200 se although it is a V reg with 50k on it for under £5k mint condition as well,

from auto trader.

What ever you get you won't be disapointed as long as it is a LEXUS of course :D

That's a good price I think considering it's only got 50k miles on it.

The mileage shouldnt be an issue as these cars go for years an years as long as it has been serviced well.

I got my 2001 Sport for £5750 with 64000 so that wasnt bad, if you can wait and save up it will give you a bit more choice.

Hope you find one that you like and sure you wont be disappointed :D

am considering selling mine, 2nd owner y reg 120k but drives like new....it is manual though, i am looking for an rx, need the space with 2 little ones....theirs nothing like owning a LEXUS!!!

hi. How much are you selling it for? Any photos? Your location?

I prefer automatic to cope with London traffic. Also how bad is it on petrol doing urban driving all the time.

If you're worried about economy, the auto isn't going to impress you much - I use mine almost completely urban, and I get about 20-21 mpg.

The only thing that would worry me about buying such a high miler that's an automatic, is how long the auto box is going to last.

How many miles have people's auto boxes lasted on here?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links