Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Help Appreciated

bigcolin

hi folks, just a quick question, on the right hand side of the automatic gear lever i have a red button with japanese writing next to it, anyone tell me what this is (i was hoping it was an ejector seat but the wife was still there whan i pushed it :winky: :winky: :winky: )

whilst im on the subject, ive just got my logbook back and the car is listed as a toyota, but just that no model etc nothing (bit confusing for the insurance) its an altezza but which model (im a newbie, its my first one sorry), its automatic with paddleshift, 4 cylinder (apparently) 24 valve beams engine so is it the as200 or the rs200 and whats the difference? (told you im a bit thick)

any help would be appreciated

hi folks, just a quick question, on the right hand side of the automatic gear lever i have a red button with japanese writing next to it, anyone tell me what this is (i was hoping it was an ejector seat but the wife was still there whan i pushed it :winky: :winky: :winky: )

whilst im on the subject, ive just got my logbook back and the car is listed as a toyota, but just that no model etc nothing (bit confusing for the insurance) its an altezza but which model (im a newbie, its my first one sorry), its automatic with paddleshift, 4 cylinder (apparently) 24 valve beams engine so is it the as200 or the rs200 and whats the difference? (told you im a bit thick)

any help would be appreciated

yes its an ejector seat button

you have to make sure the suroof is open :whistling:

AS200 = 6 cylinder

RS200 = 4 cylinder

24 valve denotes its a 6 cylinder :ohmy:

Toyota Altezza

The Toyota Altezza is the Japanese variant of the European Lexus IS200. It has been available in Japan since 1998, at which time it received many accolades and won Japan's coveted Car of the Year award with its VVTi engines and Beams Tuning. In Japan, the car is produced in two forms, the Inline-6 DOHC 24v VVT AS200, and the more powerful RS200 - with an Inline-4 DOHC 16v VVTi engine (Specifications and a more thorough review of each are included below).

The European market (including the UK) was not offered the more powerful RS200 variant, settling instead upon the Lexus badged IS200 - with the same I-6 (Inline 6 cylinder) engine and a set range of packs e.g. S, SE and Sport.

Altezza RS200

The Toyota Altezza RS200 is available in Japan and as a UK import in both manual and automatic form, with the 6 speed manual pushing out an impressive 210bhp (ps) and the 5 speed auto box (with f1 style e-shift gears) close behind with 200bhp. The RS200 is the more sought after and therefore more expensive car of the two - respected the world over as the sports breed of the car.

Altezza AS200

This vehicle more closely resembles the UK variant of the car - with its 6 cylinder engine and 160 bhp (with 4 speed auto box). A cheaper alternative to its 4 cylinder brother, it nonetheless offers an inexpensive way into owning a Toyota Badged Lexus.

button should be the shift lock, which enables you to move the lever if pressed when not running :D

Ejector seat :lol:

It's basically to allow you to change gear while the engine is off, think of it as a service / valet mode where they can move the lever without having to be sat on the drivers side with the brake pressed down :)

Easiest way to tell if you are not mechanically minded is to pop the bonnet and if it says 3S-GE on the cover on the front of the engine you got an RS200 :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links