Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Correct Diagnosis By Dr Bones

Hey kids,

I took my car down to see Dr Bones at Wheels in Motion this morning after having it on my 'to do' list for ages. Like many others my car was skittish and nervous on the motorway and a bit 'floaty' in the bends. Added to which kwik-fit had managed to make the situation worse somehow - one of their mechanics breathed on it I think - not that I've got anything against kwik-fit mechanics per se, just that I didn't realise that one of my local kwik-fits recruited ill-educated foul-mouthed yobs.

When the patient got there it was put on the ramp, had lots of electronic gizmos put on the wheels and connected to a computer and gave a set of readings (none of which I actually understood but the doctor told me what they were and I think I get it now). Still, I'm easily pleased seeing lots of flashing lights so I was happy. When the test reults came back the doctor made his diagnosis. I think his exact words were 'It's all wrong'. Still, rather than get the 'see you in 6 months' you get in the NHS, the good doctor got to work on rectifying the problem and fiddling with the settings until he was happy with them (I was still fascinated by the flashing lights). When the settings were as he wanted them to be, the patient was given a clean bill of health and taken off the ramp following me being advised that the tyres on the back are rubbish (I know he didn't actually say that but I know that's what he meant and I agree with him) and the ones on the front are getting a little low on tread. It was then simply a matter of paying, which is always painful. The cost wasn't too bad considering what he had actually done - most reasonable in fact. Once I had been told to come back in 2000 miles for a checkup I took the car away and drove home. Driving out of the car park I do admit to being a little bit underwhelmed because I was expecting an instant huge difference, that was until I realised I was only doing 5mph. I drove the car down the road and as I turned onto the roundabout the car took me slightly by suprise and actually responded far more ferociously than before when I turned the wheel. Nothing you could put your finger on but it felt different - it felt almost alive. Taking it further down the road across come faster roundabouts the car cornered much sharper, much more responsive and generally more just more together. This is the difference I had expeced and I now had it! The cost of the procedure that I'd earlier thought was reasonable I now thought was a bargain to make such a difference to the handling characteristics of the car. On the motorway on the way back the car felt more stable, more planted and I had far more confidence in it.

I haven't had chance to test it round some of the amazing roads round by me but as soon as I do in the next week or so I'll be sure to have an absolute riot! Not only that, driving down the motorway doing, umm, oustide lane of motorway speeds, I filled the car up when I got back and it has done 35.something mpg. Not bad at all.

Thanks Tony, you've transformed the car!

See you in 2k

Keith

PS, if anyone hasn't been to see Dr Bones, you should be ashamed of yourself. Get down there and sort your IS out asap

Blimey.... Thank you for the glowing report. I am really pleased you can enjoy the car without all the tribulations experienced before....

It's also disappointing once again that so called national chains left you in this predicament in the first place... Unfortunately wim cannot educate the industry (unless they want to listen) but we can educate you!!

A read in wim-web technical or some of the topics in wim-forum could enforce knowledge in advance of your visit to the centre of your choice...

As most know the Geometry calibrations positions for the IS200/300/sc Lexus got wrong! wim re-wrote them some years ago and this revision is available here in the clubs knowledge base..... Failing all if your not sure contact wim direct and we will assist one-2-one........... Cost including vat= £0

gosh, I still need to get back for my 2k check, cant find the spare time.

im 3k in.... i best give STS a ring, might have next friday free.

i would strongly recommend anyone who hasent been to visit Tony, get to it asap, if the 100's of posts arent enough, then... *slap!* :P

i would strongly recommend anyone who hasent been to visit Tony, get to it asap, if the 100's of posts arent enough, then... *slap!* :P

Tusk tusk.... And the fine-tune is free :whistling:

Do any irish folk here know where I could get the tracking done in Ireland!

Maybe some place that would use the geo settings that WIM put in the knowledge base :winky:

Discount Tyre and Auto Services in Blanchardstown were willing to do it for me, but I haven't taken them up on the offer yet cos I apparently need a new hub. However when I get that done, I'll be out to them.

Me too, but I live 215 miles away. So I am waiting until I'm passing (within 100 miles :P).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links