Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Buying Ls400 With Dhp

I am thinking of buying 1998 ls400 Mark4 with DHP it has done 120000 miles .I have checked the tyres i believe their suppose to be 245/50/17s, rear ones are the right ones but the ones on the front are 255/45/17.I have checked the prices on 245/50/17s they go for £175.00 each made by pirelli, can i use 245/45/17 instead as they are cheaper. What other things should i check on the car?. Your advice is much appreciated.Thanks

I am thinking of buying 1998 ls400 Mark4 with DHP it has done 120000 miles .I have checked the tyres i believe their suppose to be 245/50/17s, rear ones are the right ones but the ones on the front are 255/45/17.I have checked the prices on 245/50/17s they go for £175.00 each made by pirelli, can i use 245/45/17 instead as they are cheaper. What other things should i check on the car?. Your advice is much appreciated.Thanks

come on gentlemen somebody with a LS must have the answer ,could you reply .Thanks

come on gentlemen somebody with a LS must have the answer ,could you reply .Thanks

Hi and welcome to loc.My dhp has just had 4 new tyres and i had 225/50/17s put on it .Total cost of £320

Andy

Hi Talib,

Welcome to LOC. As with any car purchase the service history is paramount. Cambelt changes at 60k & 120K.Was the belt changed at the last service? Tyre quality depends on what sort of driving you do. High motorway miles and I would recommend going for the best you can afford. After much research and advice I purchased 4 pirelli pzero from eBay for £400. They didnt fit!! Replaced with 4 budget tyres (235/45/17)for a total of £300.There are plenty of makes and sizes that fit. I have posted before that a problem with the DHP is the lowered suspension( not a problem with the car,however). The state of our roads and the ever increasing number of speed humps does mean that you have to be careful. You don't say if this will be your first Lexus. If it is, you will be one happy guy.Go for it. Regards, Graham.

Hi and welcome,

I cannot understand why the wider profile tyres are on the front when the LS is rear wheel drive mine has maxgrade 2's 255/40ZR17 on the rear and 235/45ZR17 on the front plus a skinny get you home spacesaver in the boot!

Thankfully they all have 5mm of tread remaining before I have to fork out mega money!

If the one you are looking at has mixed tyres check to see what size the spare is or it may confuse the traction control if the spare is different to the punctured tyre.

Hopefully you have found the car of your dreams!

Cheers,

Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links