Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Woohoo,

after a couple months after ordering the Lexus GS450H, i went with my dad to pick it up the other day, and this evening was wash and wax time!

I'm a 23 year old guy from Malta..tiny island in the mediterranean, and I'm hopin to find any other GS450H owners to share knowledge and stuff to do with these sexy cars!

Anyways, without any further adue, i present...

The Lexus GS450H. Here it is before

DSC02587.jpg

Btw, car wasn't dirty to start off with, I just wanted to strip off any crappy dealer wax they put on it, and to remove any dust. This car was perfect, not a single swirl to be seen!

So i first mixed up a strong solution of APC, Citrus Wash and Snow Foam.

Foamed it up on the car, and left it to work.

DSC02589.jpg

Threw a full bucket of water on it, and repeated the foaming stage, but this time, with 1z Perlz, and Maxi Suds...help lubricate the car before washing.

Washed it with a brand new Megs MF mit, felt extra soft, and dried it off using sheeting method, plus a waffle weave with QD.

I then applied CG WMF all over the car, left it to haze, while i did the same to the wheels.

Buffed it off with a MF, and then applied a layer of Megs 26 all over the car and wheels. Left to haze, and buffed off. The reflections were crazy and wet.

DSC02590.jpg

DSC02591.jpg

DSC02593.jpg

Difference between before...

DSC02587.jpg

and after.

DSC02594.jpg

Not much possibly on photo, but the paint looked wetter, and more reflective.

18" Rims with Yokahama low profiles, and with chrome inserts

DSC02597.jpg

ME :)

DSC02598.jpg

Interior, yes i put that piece of paper down to keep the carpets clean. interior was brand new so i didn't even touch it

DSC02600.jpg

Took it for a test drive...and test drove the DVD player..with Top Gear of course!

DSC02605.jpg

Touchscreen display showing power distribution between engine and electric motor

DSC02607.jpg

Car phone system with speed dial

DSC02608.jpg

Hi Luke, Welcome to LOC. Brilliant car and a brilliant post. ENJOY. Regards, Graham.

Wondering how prices compare in Malta to the UK.

Basic GS450H £ 38080 ---------- 24221 Lira

Leather pack £ 40355 ----------- 25668

GS450H SE £ 43985 --------- 27977

GS450H SE Sunroof £ 44835 -------- 28518

GS450H SE-L £ 46830 --------- 29787

GS450 SE-L Woodpack £ 47200 -------- 30022

Metallic paint £550 --------- 350

Looking good :)

But hey, don't you get official Lexus floor mats when you purchase a new car over there? :huh:

Enjoy the car! I've not driven the hybrid GS yet (but have driven others). The silence on electric mode is soooo coool!

Welcome to LOC, and happy motoring! :driving:

hey guys, thanks for the quick replies. hope you like the photos.

With regards to keeping it clean, i've got no problem, i'm a member on www.detailingworld.co.uk, so i've learnt alot from there.

As with the mats, yes, I have the lexus embroidered mats, but i covered them in paper while i was cleaning them and took it for a drive, cos my shoes were wet from washing, and i didn't wanna dirty them!

As for price, the model i got came to 48000gbp on the road.

I have 2 questions already tho.

1) is there a way to keep the video of the DVD playing while in drive mode...when in park it plays, but as soon as i put it in drive, video switches off, and sound continues.

2) I have 2 guages on my dashboard, the speed, and one marked with a MW...this never seems to move for me...what is it?

With regards to keeping it clean, i've got no problem, i'm a member on www.detailingworld.co.uk, so i've learnt alot from there.

As with the mats, yes, I have the lexus embroidered mats, but i covered them in paper while i was cleaning them and took it for a drive, cos my shoes were wet from washing, and i didn't wanna dirty them!

1) is there a way to keep the video of the DVD playing while in drive mode...when in park it plays, but as soon as i put it in drive, video switches off, and sound continues.

2) I have 2 guages on my dashboard, the speed, and one marked with a MW...this never seems to move for me...what is it?

Hi and welcome you got a nice car......

answer to your 1st question - is that by law your not allowed to have the tv on whilst driving in the front and therefroe the manufactures have it set up that when the car is in motion it will switch/cut it off however I do know people have managed to get around this on other cars but I dont know about the lex

Im sorry I dont know what the MW means or is used for

Answer to first question:

1) if you can send me your email address to gghwgg@gmail.com, I can email you directions to bypass the "blocking" feature but this involves removing the satnav to get to the wires and obviously you should obey the road laws and not watch DVDs when driving.

Am getting my GS450h in Sept 07 with the 18 inch Baransu wheels and DVD screens on back of head rest! Really looking forward to it

Anyone know when this GS450h model was introduced and how long does Lexus do facelifts and complete model redesigns? Wouldnt like my new GS450h to be replaced by a newer model anytime soon:-)

rgds

greg

Hi and welcome you got a nice car......

answer to your 1st question - is that by law your not allowed to have the tv on whilst driving in the front and therefroe the manufactures have it set up that when the car is in motion it will switch/cut it off however I do know people have managed to get around this on other cars but I dont know about the lex

Im sorry I dont know what the MW means or is used for

The gauge your referring to shows the amount of energy the car is consuming. Although I think its measured in KW (kilowatts) You will notice there is also a blue section going counter clockwise from -0-. Under braking the needle will move into this section which indicates that instead of consuming energy you are regenerating, obviously the more the needle goes into the blue the more energy is going back into the traction batteries.

Also if you select "consumption" on the energy moniter page, it will bring up a bar chart showing a recent history of fuel economy. Within those bars depending on how much energy is being regenerated sections of small green squares with letter "E" will appear, each full square I think from memory shows 50 kw of energy have been put back into the car.

Incindently my car is Velvet black with Sutherland Ivory interior which looks to be the same as your car. I had my car treated with Zymol "Titanium " wax at time of purchase,and continue to use the Zymol wax and range of products for cleaning and polishing. which is no easy task given the black outside and cream inside!!

I certainly admire the amount of effort put in to produce the results in your pictures.

Regards

Keith

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links