Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Sport Mk 1 - Power / Torque

PhilE

Hi, Can anybody tell me the standard out put for the Mk 1 GS300 sport? I think the BHP is 209 but have no idea what the torque lb/ft is. Answers on a a post card pls.

Cheers Phil

• 1 month later...

Standard Non Sport Mk 1 GS300

http://www.lexus.co.uk/approved_preowned/s...ND+TRANSMISSION

Max. horsepower 218bhp (163kW) at 5800rpm

Max. torque 219lb.ft (289Nm) at 3800rmp

Standard "Faster" GS300 Sport

http://www.lexus.co.uk/approved_preowned/s...ND+TRANSMISSION

Max. horsepower 209bhp (156kW) at 5800rpm (DIN)

Max. torque 203lb.ft (275Nm) at 4800rpm

I am so glad I bought one of them slower non sport models LOL :whistling:

i think they have got that wrong as the mk1 has not got vvti as stated in the first link ,also the sport and the non sport have the same engine and box etc .although the non sport is probaly lighter due to standard wheels and no spoiler etc .also only has four speed box not five as also stated .i think them figures are for the mk2

i think they have got that wrong as the mk1 has not got vvti as stated in the first link ,also the sport and the non sport have the same engine and box etc .although the non sport is probaly lighter due to standard wheels and no spoiler etc .also only has four speed box not five as also stated .i think them figures are for the mk2

I agree with that.

Didn't the Mk1 get a five speed box in 96 though? Something to do with how the overdrive gear kicks in on the gearbox.

Go and wash your mouths out

Do you really think our beloved All knowing *** Lexus would get something wrong ? :blush:

Apart from having the wrong engine and the wrong gearbox on the list, the picture of the car does look sort of similar LOL

I asked about this at the Lexus Church (Showroom where we gather to pray for a lottery win for a new 600) and was told the only difference is that the sport has slightly lower suspension, slightly different wheels and a boot trim spoiler (which does nothing apart from look cool and increase drag) oh and sport badges

Go and wash your mouths out

Do you really think our beloved All knowing *** Lexus would get something wrong ? :blush:

Apart from having the wrong engine and the wrong gearbox on the list, the picture of the car does look sort of similar LOL

I asked about this at the Lexus Church (Showroom where we gather to pray for a lottery win for a new 600) and was told the only difference is that the sport has slightly lower suspension, slightly different wheels and a boot trim spoiler (which does nothing apart from look cool and increase drag) oh and sport badges

:lol:

And they didn't come out of the factory like it either, they were "changed" to Sport models once they hit our shores I believe.

I was told by the dealer I chatted to that all sports models (so make your own mind up) came into the country as standard cars and if someone wanted a sports model then a kit was ordered of a couple of boxes of bits and bobs to make them into sports models

No change to anything under the bonnet or electronics or anyting else really

Mind you many others still do this, it is all about marketing and selling more cars

sorry mine has not got it as i replaced it with a tacky sexus one that i really need replace ,it sits on the bottom nearside of bumnper to the left of fog light .not many still have them as not aleays replaced when bumper resprayed due to chips damage etc .

sorry mine has not got it as i replaced it with a tacky sexus one that i really need replace ,it sits on the bottom nearside of bumnper to the left of fog light .not many still have them as not aleays replaced when bumper resprayed due to chips damage etc .

Yeah, mine has had some respray work done on it by previous owner so have never seen it. Does it look the same as the ones in the rear quarters?

yes, Sport models of mk1 and mk2 GS had mostly cosmetic changes, apart from lower stiffer suspension and bigger wheels with wider tyres. Sport models will probably be quicker through twisties than regular models because of the suspension changes, but not in a straight line.

yep, cars were shipped from japan as standard, and then Sport options were added by Lexus GB.

dump the standard boat suspension and fit coilovers. now it drives semi decently!

Sport models will probably be quicker through twisties than regular models because of the suspension changes, but not in a straight line.

Any one ever tested to see what kind of difference it actually makes?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links