Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Am I Being A Mug?

DavidG

I was supposd to take delivery of a new IS200 SE on Saturday. Since my part-ex is taxed to the end of this month it worked out just nice. Until the dealer (Lexus Manchester) called me today to say they will not have the car until Monday.

To avoid having to tax my current car they suggest I take it in on Saturday and they will loan me an IS until mine is ready.

Sounds OK, but I'm handing them a car worth (to me) £9000, and they are *loaning* me one.

I know they are a big-ish dealer group (RRG, also have Toyota franchises in the North West) but is this safe?

Any thoughts, suggestions for legaly binding documents etc would be very welcome.

I'm reluctant to pull out of the deal, as the £9K they are offering for my Golf Gti is £1000 above trade price.

don't see any problem with this.

they are loaning you an IS worth a minimum 18k - twice the car they are taking off you.

I'm sure you will not have any problem at all, and it actually sounds like they are doing the decent thing and looking after you - seeing as it is their fault they can't put you in your new car.

David as long as you have signed the deal and they have ...... ie all paper work complete and you have a copy ..... then will be no problem and you get the chance to learn to drive a Lexus ....... and it's theirs.

I have similar situation, Lexus dlivered wrong car to dealership and I am waiting for phone call tomorrow to see if the correct one arrived today. if not then I have a courtesy Lexus for the weekend and until mine is ready to go.

When dealership and being good accept and say thanks.

Just sounds like you're starting to enjoy the legendary service for which Lexus is becoming (has become) renowned.

When I bought a new IS200SE in Jan 2002, my local Lexus dealer was a tad busy when I went to collect the car on the Saturday morning. The business manager asked if I could return in 2 hours - was I disappointed? No way!! He handed me the keys of their SC430 demonstrator.... strange, 2 hours stretched into three & a half!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Since then, they have given me lifts, fixed items under warranty without any fuss, and gave me a courtesy GS300 while mine was being serviced. I recently test drove the IS300 (hence why I'm now buying one), and during the two hours I had the demonstrator, they valeted my car inside & out ! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links