Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hello all and as the title says i`ve just bought another ls400 its a 1997 mk3 with a genuine 104000 on the clock , and only 2 owners , but lord the last one has not been kind to it .

the inside is like a tip , its filthy or was filthy i spent the whole day cleaning it and now it lovely , its the turn of the outside tomorrow :whistling: .

one the whole the car has a lot of potential and i can now see the light at the end of the tunnel , there are however a couple of things i need a bit of help from you guys with if possible , at some point the aerial has been changed for an after market item and i would like to go back to original if possible does anyone have an idea of the price or where i could source a second hand item ?.

also the car only came with one key but i think i`ve got that sorted after reading a post about a company in kent who can supply and cut a new one .

and finally for some strange reason both door mirrors although not broken have no reflection its just like a piece of glass ??????? does anyone know if its possible to get a replacement glass i.e the stick on type ideally without having to go to the lexus dealers many thanks.

rick.

and finally for some strange reason both door mirrors although not broken have no reflection its just like a piece of glass ???????

rick.

It's caused by the auto-dimming feature, I don't know the technicalities, but it's to do with whatever creates the dimming effect.

Hope this helps!

KEITH

yes mate i certainly hope so , i cant stand to see such a lovely car abused , mind you it will be company for my m reg ls 400 and my rangerover p38a , the missus will kill me one of these days :D :D :blink: .

one the bright side ive just seen a breakers quite close to me that may turn up the goods fingers crossed .

and finally for some strange reason both door mirrors although not broken have no reflection its just like a piece of glass ???????

rick.

It's caused by the auto-dimming feature, I don't know the technicalities, but it's to do with whatever creates the dimming effect.

Hope this helps!

KEITH

thanks mate i think i saw that somewhere else on here as well , tomorrow i will make a template and go to halfrauds to see if i can get a match , not to bothered about anti dimming ( i`ll just squint ) :crybaby:

rick.

Hope this helps!

KEITH

thanks mate i think i saw that somewhere else on here as well , tomorrow i will make a template and go to halfrauds to see if i can get a match , not to bothered about anti dimming ( i`ll just squint ) :crybaby:

Hi, ibought a new mirror for my old mark2 from lexus and was very surprized by the price.If my memory serves me right it was about £26inc vat and its was heated.Hope this helps Andy

this guy must really be on friendly terms with the local shell station till slave !!! :flowers:

the rangrover is on lpg so its like running a eurobox style family car :whistling: and well both the luxus , i can only drive one at a time and dont need to tell you guys how good on fuel they are for a 4 ltr v8 .

i called in halfrauds today and surprised myself they do a replacment mirror glass , although i had to order them o/s and n/s the pair came to just over £11.00 which is a lot better than the silly prices lexus are talking about .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links