Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Man Meets Lexus

mack

I have just watched the ''used car roadshow" on ITV4 which featured a SC in red with beige 02 61000mls which was up for £20000 it was nice

to see a Lexus featured for a change, what i found really interesting was the shows buyer ,a 40 something bloke who was driving a Mercedes

before, the other potential cars were a Porsche 911 or a Jaguar XKR but when he saw the SC he was smitten with it having admitted he does

not like any Lexus cars and would not have even considered looking at one, it just proves that some people stick to the same road no matter

what. In the end he found it a better ride than his 500Mercedes so bought it another happy Lexus owner i guess !

I was a VW man before my Lexus, I liked Lexus but ruled them out thinking too expensive! trying to make a break from VW I got a new shape Vectra (shhhhh) I got bored, very quick and 2 months later, Looked around again and found that I could afford a Lexus.

Not the most expensive car i have had and by far the most reliable...

I have realised im stuck with Lexus, not that its a bad thing!

I have just watched the ''used car roadshow" on ITV4 which featured a SC in red with beige 02 61000mls which was up for £20000 it was nice

to see a Lexus featured for a change, what i found really interesting was the shows buyer ,a 40 something bloke who was driving a Mercedes

before, the other potential cars were a Porsche 911 or a Jaguar XKR but when he saw the SC he was smitten with it having admitted he does

not like any Lexus cars and would not have even considered looking at one, it just proves that some people stick to the same road no matter

what. In the end he found it a better ride than his 500Mercedes so bought it another happy Lexus owner i guess !

Yes, I saw the programme yesterday. He just looked at it and fell in love :lol: , although he said he hadn't even considered a Lexus before. Dismissed the Jag and chose to test drive the SC and 911. Drove the Lex first and just couldn't get the smile off his face, then drove the Porsche and was hugely disappointed, noisy, uncomfortable, and 'a bit flat' (not as fast as expected) was his comments. Cannot help but wonder if it was the colour that initially swayed him though.....after all he is a fireman :D .

I also saw the program and have to say i think or thought the sc range look a bit gay BUT i have to say that the sc featured looked the tits in the red and i prefered it to the two others, my mate has a 911 3.6 twin turbo about 60 grands worth, its great for a blast but its not an everyday car its awsome 0-60 and road holding but like i said not for daily use they are just a rich mans toy. The sc430 was the best choise in my opinion but i will stick to my fantastic is250 as im sure you IS owners will agree. ps; the sc430 may be for me when im old and grey lol :shifty:

What do you mean old and grey? :o

Old as in old and grey as in the wrong colour lol :winky: just joking, didnt mean to offend anyone, its just that i always see the sc430 as a car for the more mature person. I ought to test drive one really, it will prob change my whole outlook on this model, couldnt have one though , two kids, two dogs you understand, anyway hope i didnt offend you thommo. you have a lexus badge on the front of your motor, that speaks for itself :lol:

No offence taken, Lexus working through the old man image one car at a time works for me, I'm happy that image keeps the SC a wee bit of of an automotive secret compared to its "competition". :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links