Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Else At Work And Bored?

Rikos

I am at work and bored! I have lot's of work to do but cant be bothered to be honest, so i've been sat thinking about the ways of the world and have thought of a vital question that needs to be answered before i can progress through the journey that is my life.

Why are animals the colours that they are? :whistling:

I mean things like cows, pigs and sheep etc. Things like lizards and reptiles are coloured to their habbitat and their surroundings which makes sense, and even things like lions and tigers are the same colour as the African desert.

So why are cows black and white??? If you believe in evolution then why did they evolve to look like this? If you believe *** made the world and all things in it then was he just having a bad day and thought he'd cheer him self up? :lol:

Please can someone answer me this or else i will be sat stuck in my life without the chance to move forward!! (you see how bored i am)

So why are cows black and white??? If you believe in evolution then why did they evolve to look like this? If you believe *** made the world and all things in it then was he just having a bad day and thought he'd cheer him self up? :lol:

Maybe it's so they can recognise each other? :winky:

Or maybe it's a bit like the "Dazzle Ships" camoflage - ie. when a herd of cows are standing in a field together, the splodges of black and white make it difficult for a predator to outline and isolate individual animals.

It's darn clever how this thing came about though - Evolution always gives me a headache.

Or maybe it's a bit like the "Dazzle Ships" camoflage - ie. when a herd of cows are standing in a field together, the splodges of black and white make it difficult for a predator to outline and isolate individual animals.

I dont think it would make much difference, the farmer would just pull out the shot gun and see how many he could get with one shot!! Save on bullets though :lol:

I am at work and bored! I have lot's of work to do but cant be bothered to be honest, so i've been sat thinking about the ways of the world and have thought of a vital question that needs to be answered before i can progress through the journey that is my life.

I mean things like cows, pigs and sheep etc. Things like lizards and reptiles are coloured to their habbitat and their surroundings which makes sense, and even things like lions and tigers are the same colour as the African desert.

Please can someone answer me this or else i will be sat stuck in my life without the chance to move forward!! (you see how bored i am)

Well Rikos, once upon a time there were two types of cow. White cows that lived in the snowy north, and black cows that lived in the sunny south. One day in the dim and distant past a white bull wondered south in search of some fresh grass. At the same time a pretty black cow was heading north to avoid the heat (no aircon in them days). By chance they met and, well it was love at first sight so in a very short time they were married.

The following year the couple were blessed with a calf which was neither black or white, but black and white, and that was the start of the now famous black and white breed of cows. Normally found in the middle where it is neither to hot or too cold.

Hope this answers your question so you can get back to doing some work. :winky:

Well Rikos, once upon a time there were two types of cow. White cows that lived in the snowy north, and black cows that lived in the sunny south. One day in the dim and distant past a white bull wondered south in search of some fresh grass. At the same time a pretty black cow was heading north to avoid the heat (no aircon in them days). By chance they met and, well it was love at first sight so in a very short time they were married.

The following year the couple were blessed with a calf which was neither black or white, but black and white, and that was the start of the now famous black and white breed of cows. Normally found in the middle where it is neither to hot or too cold.

Hope this answers your question so you can get back to doing some work. :winky:

Hmm, so how does that explain the Zebra? The black and white cows in a threesome with a horse? The horse, so embarrased by the fact that her next born child was a hybrid then took the next flight to Africa. The young black and white horse was a pretty little thing and was never short of female horses' attention, and during one high school fumble round the back of the bike sheds he got one pregnant and then she gave birth to another monochrome horse. This continued over years and eventually, the monochrome horses were exiled by all the other horses, and hey presto, the Zebra was born. Attenborough eat your heart out.

My talents really are wasted!!! :lol:

Ah, now the Panda. There's a story of teenage love, trial, tribulation and woe. The Panda evolved much later than the Zebra and the hybrid Cow and I'll explain why. Now Cows, as not many people know, are attracted to Canada for holidays. They like the Canadian ambience and the wonderful hospitality and green grass. When the young hybrid cow was old enough, his white mother and black father allowed him to go to Canada on his holidays - something he'd wanted to do for a long time. He left on a Tuesday and arrived in Canada - he stayed somewhere near Montreal if I'm not mistaken. Whilst there, he went exploring into the woods and happened upon a bear, of around his own age. The two got chatting, seemed to get on and one thing LED to another and before you could say 'who's your daddy then' the cow found himself being introduced to the young bears' parents. Now bears are totally against interspecies relationships and the father did not approve of his daughters first love. So much so in fact that the bear beat the young cow - giving him two black eyes and a remarkably bruised ego.

The young bear, furious at what her father had done, arranged to run away with the cow and met him that evening at a local bar where they planned to jump on a plane to China. They did this and arrived in China where they craved the outdoor lifestyle and went to live in the forest. Their relationship progressed, and they eventually became proud parents of a baby boy - who was black and white. The child had two black eyes and the cow and bear, being supersticious creatures thought it was a message from the bear's father. They stayed in the forest, grew old and eventually the cow and bear died. Their child, who they had called Panda - well, his legacy still lives on today and he has created, on his own, and entirely new species. Although no one knows how.......

The lesson of the two black eyes - no matter how much you love someone, if their parents hate you, forget it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ever thought about writing factual novels?

Ok ok this one you'll surely struggle with. Why has a tiger got stripes and a cheetah spots??? And are giraffes and cheetahs somehow related?

I'm not sure about the giraffes and cheetahs, but can help you with the tigers and cheetahs though.

The answer is to do with botany. Let me explain.

Tigers live in Asia where the most popular plants are bamboos. Now imagine the tiger sneaking through a stand of bamboo looking for a four legged meat shop for his supper. In order to hide from his potential prey, all he has to do is line up his stripes with the bamboo stalks and ABRACADABRA he has disappeared. Smart eh! By the way, female tigers also do this but their tendancy to talk a lot tends to spoil the effect.

Now the cheetah lives on the plains of Africa which are covered in grass. Grass happens to be the favourite food of antelope type animals, and you know what you do after eating lots of grass (apart from the belching and farting that is) you have many and frequent bowel movements. So apart from the grass the plains of Africa are covered in antelope droppings. So the crafty cheetah developed spots so he could just lie down in the grass and then look like any other patch of dung littered plain. Pilots and astronauts have always commented on how much the spots on a cheetahs back look like antelope droppings.

Another interesting fact about cheetahs is about the speed they can run. It was commonly believed they run so fast to catch their prey (for prey read antelope), but this is now known to be untrue. Intensive and frequent observations prove they are not in fact running to anything, but running away from something. Remarkable as it may seem, they are running away from the common dung beetle who being short sighted keep thinking the spots are their next meal and attack cheetahs with relish.

Learn something new ever day is my motto :shutit:

So your saying tigers and cheetahs paint the stripes and spots on them self for camouflage, so is there a market for selling this body paint i might try and sell some :whistling:

As the story goes, the cheetah, whilst doing his national service was called to the Sgt Majors office.

''Cheetah'', he said, 'I didn't see you at camouflage class this morning'

'' Thank you very much Sir '' the cheetah replied.

The old ones are best.

Ah, now some science.

The Romans found this animal that they had never seen before and couldn't work it out. They eventually percieved that it was a cross breed between a camel and a leopard. They called it, creatively enough, a Camelopard. Today, we know this animal as a giraffe. Cheetah was a good guess though, but it was actually a Leopard they thought.

That's actually true.

Keith :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links