Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Obdii Reader

Hi guys :)

I have an OBDII reader from eBay in Germany that was mentioned in a thread a couple of months ago and I want to install it permanently under the dash.

I have removed the OBDII port from the dash because you can't drive with the thing plugged in (I want some real time readings and it blocks the accelerator!) and fed the cable through to where I want it but found that it is permanently powered up with the two LEDs on the front of the unit always on. Will this be a big drain on the Battery? Is it safe to leave it connected like this all the time?

I know a few of you bought the same one so if any of you leave it on please post up.

i've done exactly that myself mate.

Run the wire to the glove box and left it connected permantly, however mine doesn't have any lights on the front.

Not noticed any problems from it at all.

Stav

Mine definately stays on, I can see the LEDs even after I get out of the car and lock it (haven't put the lower dash cover back on yet...). It will only connect and read fault codes etc with the key turned though.

Stav, I thought we bought the same item from the same auction mate? How come mine has LEDs and yours doesn't?

You can see the two red LEDs in the orange bit of the reader on this picture:

OBDII.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links