Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vvti .camcon And Power F.c ? Any Help Thanks

DaveRS200

hello just wondering iv seen a few products and just wanted to know what you can actually do and how much difference they make to performance.

iv seen one called cam-con and the apexi power f.c.

so how much can you alter the vvti to kick in ? can u change it to kick in around 3 000 rpm instead of standard.

any one help ???????

thanks

daveRS200

hello just wondering iv seen a few products and just wanted to know what you can actually do and how much difference they make to performance.

iv seen one called cam-con and the apexi power f.c.

so how much can you alter the vvti to kick in ? can u change it to kick in around 3 000 rpm instead of standard.

any one help ???????

thanks

daveRS200

Info on Power FC:

power fc

Save your money and dont get a camcon, Power fc does everything a camcon does and more, No power gains with camcon as far as im aware, only slightly better torque

You might find it hard to get a Power FC as they arent being mass produced any more by Apexi, back ordered a few weeks from most suppliers, eBay sellers dont have them in stock even though they state they have "X" Available

MacRS200 Where are you :question:

I'm here Gord.

The point is that the VVTi does not kick in like VTEC, it works all the time.

The CamCon can change the valve timing and the AFR to give better mid range torque. Max power is for "willy wavers" the area under the torque curve is what counts. The higher and flatter the curve the more "boot up the bum" you get.

If you stay with standard inlet and exhaust then the standard ECU will do the job, go for an induction kit and the standard MAF will not give true AF readings (according to the stuff I have researched). Try a search on altezzaclub.nz for "pod filters.

Mine has an induction kit and decat on the zorst and the CamCon sorted out the lot. If you go for boost get a Power FC that can do a lot more but what else do you want to change on an N/A car?

p.s dyno says estimated 220Bhp at the fly from a 200Bhp engine but it pulls from 3500 rpm now instead 4500 before.

Edited by MacRS200

I'm here Gord.

The point is that the VVTi does not kick in like VTEC, it works all the time.

The CamCon can change the valve timing and the AFR to give better mid range torque. Max power is for "willy wavers" the area under the torque curve is what counts. The higher and flatter the curve the more "boot up the bum" you get.

If you stay with standard inlet and exhaust then the standard ECU will do the job, go for an induction kit and the standard MAF will not give true AF readings (according to the stuff I have researched). Try a search on altezzaclub.nz for "pod filters.

Mine has an induction kit and decat on the zorst and the CamCon sorted out the lot. If you go for boost get a Power FC that can do a lot more but what else do you want to change on an N/A car?

p.s dyno says estimated 220Bhp at the fly from a 200Bhp engine but it pulls from 3500 rpm now instead 4500 before.

sounds gud mate yeah i just want a bit more pull.3500 is alot better yeah seems to take ages to kick in around 4500.thanks for your help.

is it easy enuff to wire the power f.c in or is it a harness that just plugs in i read?

i am in kent uk.take it ur in manchester.

Power fc is a complete ECU replacement, just unplug your old ecu and in with the Power FC.

:offtopic: @Mac: Do you know if you can adjust when the VVTI kicks in on the Power fc?? I think i would benefit more getting a power fc as im running mine on biofuel and would like to get it mapped to 104 Ron( Biofuel Octane rating) and adjust the VVTI timing, i can get a POwer FC for about 500 Euro, Camcon about 250, same price approx for tuning

:offtopic: @Mac: Do you know if you can adjust when the VVTI kicks in on the Power fc?? I think i would benefit more getting a power fc as im running mine on biofuel and would like to get it mapped to 104 Ron( Biofuel Octane rating) and adjust the VVTI timing, i can get a POwer FC for about 500 Euro, Camcon about 250, same price approx for tuning

The Camcon can adjust the AFR as well as the VVTi but only does the inlet valve timing IIRC. The power FC can separately control the inlet and exhaust.

p.s as posted many times the VVTi does not "kick in" it varies all the time.

p.s as posted many times the VVTi does not "kick in" it varies all the time.

I know, i know, but it always seems to kick in at roughly the same point, 4000-4500rpm! It would be nice to have the variable range start lower done the rev range!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links