Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nav Help - Nav Is Asking For A Japanese Dvd

surge

My US Gen3 NAV unit thinks it is in Japan and needs a file from a Japanese NAV DVD to reset back to US mode.

The screen is in Japanese and has some English text that reads:

-------------

CAUTION

Error; System unable to access the program.

Incorrect program disk.

Please insert proper disk.

-------------

Has anyone seen this before and know of a fix?

I have more details (including the picture) here..

http://lexus-toyota-nav-trouble.blogspot.com/

• 4 weeks later...
you seem to know a bit about this what would you recommend on this i have a jap aristo in yhe uk how would i make it work in english ....a uk dvd ? i dont think its that simple

My ideas are based on speculation from what I've read. I haven't heard of anyone successfully switching their Navs language.

So your unit is currently in Japanese?

Is your Nav touchscreen or does it use a joystick?

Can you do the following and get to the service menu screen?

http://lexus-toyota-nav-trouble.blogspot.c...r-nav-unit.html

• 3 months later...

I downloaded a upgrade nav dvd but it was not the right one it loaded and then went haywire everything was Japenese and it said insert the correct disk. Well after trying everything I found on the internet from Battery removal from drive to removing all wiring to the drive system take out its Battery Ect. Ect. nothing worked I went to the dealer 2/9/08 today to have them fix it for 45.00 I am also out of warranty too so I thought that was a fair price since I screwed up my wifes car The couch was getting really uncomfortable boy was I in the dog house I think I watched to many Home Improvment shows. They told me to bring the original disk so they could reset the system and restart with it . But it would not work they said that you cannot go backwards for instance if you tried to upgrade with version 3.2 from your system disk of 2.1 that it will not reboot backwards so whatever version you upgraded too you has to be at least one step higher as far as versions go for it to fix itself it It so happens one of the techs there just upgraded his system and had a extra disk that was a newer version than mine they tried it and walla it booted just fine they just charged me 45.00 to my disbelief.. lexsus of tulsa a great company

So you can do 1 of three things

1. Go buy the latest version

2. Find a friend with the same generation and a newer version than you had.

3. Drive around looking at the japanese

You do not have to upgrade you nvram or anything else just follow this an it will work.

If I have helped you let me know revrnbob@cox.net

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links