Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Do You Guys Think Of This Is200 - Advice Needed Please!

Saw this ad in autotrader....please give me some honest opinions on what you think.

Spoke to the guy - had the car since Nov 06, so owned less than a year (alarm bells ringing) - apparently its just not practical for him to own. He is the 2nd owner from new....no major service work needed or done (no cambelt or waterpump change yet, even though its 6 years old).

Some pics...

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

2001 (Y) IS 200 SE in Astral Black

Price:

£7,600

ovno.

Features:

* 47,900 miles

* Manual

* BLACK

* Petrol

* 4 Door Saloon

* 1988 CC

Full Description:

Glossary of Terms

Manual, 47,900 miles, Black. ABS, Power Stearing, Air Con, Climate Control, Electric front seats, Heated front seats, Alloy wheels,6X multiplay CD, Full Lexus service history, 11 months MOT, 8 months TAX, just serviced, lovely condition. £7,600. o.v.n.o

Book price in Parkers has a 2001 Y in private sale for about £6600 so its a full grand over book, but i guess the miles are low for the year. Apparently one small scuff on the bumper, low to the ground, and thats it.

Thoughts really appreciated...

I bought my 2000x for £6,500 in Jan with 55k on the clock, it had a water pump at 40k, and I paid £500 for the 60k service last month including timing belt,

take it for a drive, see if someone from LOC who is local to yourself is free to go with you,

Either way, I'd try and get it for book price, on the grounds that its book price, simple as that, however, it definitely seems to be a nice car,

but for £7,600 you can get a 2002/03 with similar mileage, just as clean (21 cars on trader at the moment between £7k and £8k with less than 60k on the clock (SE and Sport level) last time I checked), several from traders

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links