Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance - Try And Try Again !

bigsul

Mmmm. I will try and keep this brief, which is hard for me as I am a waffler.

Got my renewal quote through from Esure £432 FC (which is quite good). I thought I would just double check though.

Went online and got a quote as a new customer £368 FC :blink: (but I had to omit my speeding conviction, as the system would not quote me).

Saved the quote and phoned Esure, they put the quote through with the speeding conviction on and, WOW :yahoo:, no extra charge.

So £368 it is. Saved £64.

It pays to check, I paid it instantly of course, incase they changed their mind. :whistling:

Cheers ................. bs :ph34r: :D

p.s. Earlier in the day a guy from Esure told me that I could not get quoted as a new customer. :arrrggg-matey: I believe his pants are now on fire.

My other half has her MGF insured through Tesco. She was disappointed when she got her renewal notice through that it had gone up quite a bit. She tried an online quote (with Tesco) and it came in around £80 cheaper :arrrggg-matey: ! When she spoke to Tesco they couldn't offer a reason but advised her to renew her policy on line which she did.

How many people would get a quote from the same company they've just had their renewal notice from, ask them to quote again, then save money :question:

INSURANCE IS SUCH A CON!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

My guess is that Tesco are merely brokers and as such look for the best deal each time you make a request for insurance. The fact that the renewal costs more than a new search maybe due to the fact that they simply renew with the insurance company who your policy is with originally. The thing is that this year they may not be the cheapest and so it pays to search for another quote, even through Tesco.

That's my theory anyway. :blink:

INSURANCE IS SUCH A CON!!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I wouldn't say that insurance is a con. I've just had the best part of 18 grand out of my insurance company when I wrote my car off (my first ever accident in 12 years of driving I might add) :D

Insurance companies are a necessary evil. They're gits to deal with but they come in handy. :ph34r:

My other half had a crunch in her MGF (protected NCB with Tesco) and she "ended up" paying less for renewal.

I say ended up as her renewal notice was around £80 more than if she went for a quote on their web site. They couldn't offer an explanation just suggested that she renewed it on-line!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links