Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is-f - Crunch Time

in any case 4hp isnt really much of an issue when comparing two cars,however suggesting to ignore the figures when the original discussion is about how the IS-F compares to the competition is a little silly,cos lap times,0-60 times,1/4mile runs etc are extremely relevant to the buyers of these cars and more often than not is the reason they go for one over the other.

Sorry, Rsarin, wasn't intending to be "silly", just to point out that, whilst lap times etc are relevant, they are not the only thing that would influence my decision to buy or not. With new (better handling / faster/ prettier) cars coming out almost every month, I would have to be sure that I was getting more than just track-day speed from my ride. But then, I'm not a bloke. :tomato:

Cheers

Amanda

When at brighton lexus at the weekend the guy in there said they are only bring 150 across each year brighton have got 3 and already are sold, even the L-FA's which they havent even got a price tag on have been sold even though its going to be over 100k. Although apparently toyota will be bring a similar version of the L-FA out for around 50k so IS-F/M3/RS4 mark.

If i had the money i would get the new MONSTER audi RS6 with 575hp and wip allllllll the above arses and then put the fridge in the back to go to the tip :D it may not handle as well but who would really give a poo poo. Not many people buying these cars are ever going to race them, a few will see the ring and maybe the odd track day. I'm just happy lexus/toyota are going in this direction as its dominated by german cars. And i'm sure the lexus will (fingers crossed) be better built/reliaility/after care etc

O yeah Tango chap at lexus said the IS-F in UK where just over 50k :crying:

in any case 4hp isnt really much of an issue when comparing two cars,however suggesting to ignore the figures when the original discussion is about how the IS-F compares to the competition is a little silly,cos lap times,0-60 times,1/4mile runs etc are extremely relevant to the buyers of these cars and more often than not is the reason they go for one over the other.

Sorry, Rsarin, wasn't intending to be "silly", just to point out that, whilst lap times etc are relevant, they are not the only thing that would influence my decision to buy or not. With new (better handling / faster/ prettier) cars coming out almost every month, I would have to be sure that I was getting more than just track-day speed from my ride. But then, I'm not a bloke. :tomato:

Cheers

Amanda

Wasnt calling you silly mate!.You are right,if i was only buying a car to use on the road,then i probably wouldnt be so concerned with track times etc and would probably select the car based on how it makes me feel etc.I just feel that nowadays track days etc are becoming an integral part of driving,due to the limits on the roads and the fact that most manufacturers of performance cars audi,porsche,bmw etc all offer 2/3 day driving courses included with the purchase of these cars and as a result encourages owners on to tracks.Ive only started to recently pay attention to stats but its mainly cos im competitive and the main idea behind the production of a performance car is to win,and be the best-so naturally you can understand why its mainly stat based which decided which car is best.BTW i kinda worked out you arent a blokey.lol

Cheers

Amanda

Wasnt calling you silly mate!.You are right,if i was only buying a car to use on the road,then i probably wouldnt be so concerned with track times etc and would probably select the car based on how it makes me feel etc.I just feel that nowadays track days etc are becoming an integral part of driving,due to the limits on the roads and the fact that most manufacturers of performance cars audi,porsche,bmw etc all offer 2/3 day driving courses included with the purchase of these cars and as a result encourages owners on to tracks.Ive only started to recently pay attention to stats but its mainly cos im competitive and the main idea behind the production of a performance car is to win,and be the best-so naturally you can understand why its mainly stat based which decided which car is best.BTW i kinda worked out you arent a blokey.lol

No offence taken!!! :winky:

I can see the attraction of track days - we have some interesting, challenging roads around here, but the surfaces are abysmal and there are an awful lot of those 'roadside shrines' as a result. I think the one thing I would add to checking stats etc is the sound a car makes. The YouTube clips Of the IS-F from the US sound promising, but I suspect the nanny state will tone it down for UK release (September 08, according to the dealer I spoke to today).

Hope this isn't off-topic.

All the best

Amanda

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links