Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Possible Is200 Aux In Prolex Substitute Found!

Hi guys i've been trying to find an aux in for my is200 2000 SE model. I came across the prolex aux-in but these have been out of stock for a while. I think i've found something that may work

here's the link

http://indashpc.org/new/aux_adapters/car2aux-toy.html

and here is the email showing what Grom audio have told me :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there I have a Lexus is200 and would like an aux input. It\'s a 2000

model SE. I found this product but they are currently out of stock

http://www.geoffh.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/audio/index.htm

Do you have anything simlar

Many thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Alex,

I'm not sure we have such a harness. Do you have a picture of the stereo

unit ?

Dmitry/

http://carad.ebayimg.com/i22/06/a/000/77/c0/7c95_4.JPG

Hi Alex,

Yes our device will fit this stereo,

Dmitry/

Could you send me a link to the device

Many thanks

Alex

Hi Alex,

Here is the link:

http://indashpc.org/new/aux_adapters/car2aux-toy.html

Thank you,

Helen K

GromAudio

What do you guys think of this product? will it work?

• 3 weeks later...
Is anyone making a purchase?

If anyone has a pic of the back of a late model headunit, I might. But I want to confirm that it is the right one for my car first. I found out with a Dension kit for the Honda that US models sometimes have different connections, despite coming from the same factory.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

it works perfect :-) I bought the solution from GromAudio last week and installed it last monday.

Please have a look in my post from today:

Ipod Control Solution For Oem Stereo Is200/300 Finally Found

I bought both solutions. The one for IPOD and the one just for AUX in. As discribed in my post you just need the iPOD interfache with an extra cable to run your regular mp3 player or your other external audi source.

Best Regards from Berlin

sonnet

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

it works perfect :-) I bought the solution from GromAudio last week and installed it last monday.

"Ipod Control Solution For Oem Stereo Is200/300 Finally Found"

I bought both solutions. The one for IPOD and the one just for AUX in. As discribed in my post you just need the iPOD interfache with an extra cable to run your regular mp3 player or your other external audi source.

Best Regards from Berlin

sonnet

Ive just traded in my is300 and have a spare prolex aux kit, open to sensible offers before it goes on eBay.

Hi all,

Best Regards from Berlin

sonnet

Ive just traded in my is300 and have a spare prolex aux kit, open to sensible offers before it goes on eBay.

Hi mate will this fit and be ok on my 2005 is200 sport? if it does how much you looking to sell it for? would be interested

Hi all,

Best Regards from Berlin

sonnet

Hi mate will this fit and be ok on my 2005 is200 sport? if it does how much you looking to sell it for? would be interested

The instructions say it fits the is200/is300 steroes with seperate amps.

it seems to not work for the early IS200s (with the lower CD changer type)

This is not correct!

There quite a few members in the board who have already successfully connected and using the Grom Audio iPod interface to a bottom loader cd OEM stereo. One example is SHAHZ (@ SHAHZ I hope its OK for you that I'm refering on your post). You can find his statement under the following link

How To Install The Gromaudio Ipod Adaptor In 1st Gen Is, (also headunit removal)

in post #21.

Some problems occured so far with the early Altezza stereos who seems to be different from the lexus one, even if they are looking the same and the connectors are fitting correctly.

The easiest way is ask Gromaudio in advance via mail if your are not sure if your specific stereo is supported. All known statements from grom Audio were so far, that

all Lexus IS stereos from 1999 to 2005 are supported.

So just try it. If it's not working, just send it back. This should not be a problem a tey have a very friendly customer support

Best Regards

Sonnet

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links