Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Player Error

Err1 can mean a host of different things, such as dirty lens or damaged CD. Sometimes Err1 can lead to Err3, basically Err3 means your hi-fi can gone kaput, either repair or replace the unit. Just watch out you don't go from Err1 to Err3.

It isn't cold here, I took the Cd straight from my apartment so no chance of condensation or anything. I only bought the car recently and never used the CD player. There was a lot of dust on bottom lip of the loader which may point to dirt on the lens. I tried a few tricks I read on here like powering it on and off, swapping from radio to cd, none of this worked. I saw one about pulling the unit out but that looks a bit like hard work and no doubt I would damage it even more.

Check the front to ensure the number buy the cassette slot is the same

ie:- 13904 etc

Sorry, I don't understand this, can you elaborate.

Cheers

Common problem I think, or was that ERR3?? If it is the common one, will the dealers still replace under extended warrenty? I know they used to.

If it has the CD slot at the top, then it has to be replaced with the same type, same if CD slot at bottom - if you get my drift.

Mine had ERR1, wouldn't read the CD's,,,,,tried everything, but nothing worked and I got fed up looking at the antiquated tape playing unit. Car is 5.5 years old so out of warrantee for the radio anyway.

Treated myself to a new Pioneer, facia and amp by-pass lead.....Sorted!

Keith

How do you get the stereo out?

I purchased my first Lexus last week. Kinda had too. before going to dealer i printed off the buyers guide and all the info on what to look for that LOC members had sent me. BIG THANKYOU to all that did that for me.

Car looked ok for money. Told to test CD player, so asked my lady for her new beyonce cd. put disc in and it seems to have lost it, wont eject and doesnt even say there is a disc in it.

MR

make sure you put some tape along the side of the radio - one the greenish/grey bit of the centre console - matt black on newer IS's.

The sides of the radio unit have sharp tags on them and its sooooooooooooo easy to catch them on the centre console sides and scratch them - nice people at Lexus Southampton did that when they changed my radio unit!! grrrr

From memory, radio sort of hinges down then pulls out - once heated seat bit has been removed. There is an instruction guide on here somewhere, maybe knowledgebase?

I whipped out my radio this morning and made an attempt to clean the lens (thanks to all who uploaded the BKM on radio removal. , it was very helpful) . When I re-assembled it I had no joy, still the same error. I decided to go for an aftermarket job, I have the bog standard model so is all I need this?? :

Lexus facia ebay

Hi,

I keep getting the "Error 1" code on my cd player, I tried using one of those CD with the lens cleaner but got no joy. Has anyone any suggestions ? Can the whole Cd unit be pulled out and the lens accessed to be cleaned?

Thanks in advance

head units have problems reading copy cd's :)

I haven't used copied cd's yet, all originals, including the boyz in da hood soundtrack :winky:

Yeah it must be the S model, coz it ain't the SE or Sport, no heated seats etc

Is this the cable :

Cable

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Corolla-Landc...1QQcmdZViewItem

Link won't work for me for some reason, below is the title:

Toyota Corolla Landcruiser MR2 Paseo ISO Lead PC2-17-4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links