Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Immobiliser Failure

P4VVS

I decided like many to change the dash lights and key ring light to Blue, after taking the dash apart changing bulbs and then checking I locked up, got up this morning, tried to start the car and it wont start, it not the Battery, I did notice that when I usually put the key in to the lock barrel the immobiliser light goes off (stops flashing and turns off) but this has not happened. WHAT HAVE I DONE? have I inadvertently disconnected a sensor? or have a blown a fuse? the car just will not start, please help anyone...please.....I have tried both of my keys and the same thing, I am adamant it is something to do with the barrel...I hope... :crybaby:

I decided like many to change the dash lights and key ring light to Blue, after taking the dash apart changing bulbs and then checking I locked up, got up this morning, tried to start the car and it wont start, it not the battery, I did notice that when I usually put the key in to the lock barrel the immobiliser light goes off (stops flashing and turns off) but this has not happened. WHAT HAVE I DONE? have I inadvertently disconnected a sensor? or have a blown a fuse? the car just will not start, please help anyone...please.....I have tried both of my keys and the same thing, I am adamant it is something to do with the barrel...I hope... :crybaby:

Have you checked all the conections matey as maybe ones came off when you put it back together?? : :unsure:

Sounds like the immobiliser to me, have you reconnected it? were you careful with it you may have broken it.

Stav

Hey Stav,

Does the barrel have an immobiliser wire? as when i put both keys in the ignition like everyone else’s car if you notice the immob light goes off, i.e. it detects the correct key, but mine is not doing this now and the light keeps flashing, I though immob worked off radio but it may not be the case, is there a connector on the back of the barrel anyone? if so have i inadvertently pushed it off? or damaged it?

There is a little White clip i believe on the side, just take the cover off around the barrel and i'm sure it'll become obvious.

But yes the barrel does have an imobiliser wire, the idea is that theres a ring of wire around the barrel which detects the keys signal and is read by the ECU, if its right it switchs off the immobiliser.

Stav

There is a little White clip i believe on the side, just take the cover off around the barrel and i'm sure it'll become obvious.

But yes the barrel does have an imobiliser wire, the idea is that theres a ring of wire around the barrel which detects the keys signal and is read by the ECU, if its right it switchs off the immobiliser.

Stav

Stav,

i am sure this will be it, i will pop hope just now and check it is, and hopefully it will bloody start, dont know how it could have came off? i hope i have not broke it.....anyone else experianced this?

The ignition has an inductive loop around the barrel to detect the correct key code etc and turn the immobiliser off. If its not turning the light off when you put key in, then sounds like the key is at fault. Take it apart and check everything you did, just incase something has worked loose.

The ignition has an inductive loop around the barrel to detect the correct key code etc and turn the immobiliser off. If its not turning the light off when you put key in, then sounds like the key is at fault. Take it apart and check everything you did, just incase something has worked loose.

Kev Dood,

i have tried both keys, the original and the spare and both are doing this, i dont think its the key(s) i am concluding that this inductive loop thingy has a power feed which i may have disconnected, as Stav stated above? so will check connection, does that loop thingy have a power feed?

Not sure if it will have a power feed but it is connected to the ecu so will need to be properly connected to work.

stav

SOLVED..Thanks all, basically the white connector Stav was talking about was not fully plugged in, it is around the ring which you need to remove, if anyone is doing this to remove the bulb and change then please be very careful as it scared the hell out of me...its the last time i mess about with the car.....till next week anyway...... :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links