Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Pad Wear

paul_k

How long have your brake pads lasted on the SC?

Quite surprised that I am getting the scraping noise at 18,000 miles although I have filled the reservoir up once since the fluid warning light came on.

Despite most of the driving having been around town surely you would expect 30,000 + miles before the pads are shot.

Did you change both front and rear pads at the same time, and any good aftermarket pads for this car?

Finally if done by Lexus what sort of money are we talking here?

Cheers

Paul

Looking back, I've been getting through a set every ~20,000. After Gold discount, Lexus parts are Front @ £45, Rear @ £27, and the Labour @ £75. Personally, to be absolutely sure either way, I prefer to inspect the pad wear myself and it's easily done with the wheel off. And while you're at it, this gives you the chance to clean off the brake dust from the inaccessible areas behind the spokes.

Lexus Binfield told me that they change out ever year. doh. they hit me up for a surprising amount of Filters also... dodgey gits.

can't remember how much I paid for the pads, but think it was more than is qouted in the thread above. will inspect them myself next time I hear that one!

seriously though... pretty insignificant cost isn't it? better sorting them out a little early rather than getting close too the rotors...

Pads changed today for £225 with Gold member discount...

Doh! Just had my car serviced today, didn't know about Gold membership and possible discounts. I see that this is with selected dealers, but I didn't find a list - is that only accessible to Gold members? I live in Glasgow, so if Lexus Glasgow (part of Arnold Clark) wasn't on the discount list, I would have to look at whether it was worth taking the car through to Edinburgh or down to Carlisle, if they were on it. I'm certainly going to have to save up for the next service: today intermediate was £146, but been advised next time (6yrs, 60000mls) service itself is about £400, going to need front pads & discs at about £400, and about £400 again for the cambelt change!

Derek

Pads changed today for £225 with Gold member discount...

Doh! Just had my car serviced today, didn't know about Gold membership and possible discounts. I see that this is with selected dealers, but I didn't find a list - is that only accessible to Gold members? I live in Glasgow, so if Lexus Glasgow (part of Arnold Clark) wasn't on the discount list, I would have to look at whether it was worth taking the car through to Edinburgh or down to Carlisle, if they were on it. I'm certainly going to have to save up for the next service: today intermediate was £146, but been advised next time (6yrs, 60000mls) service itself is about £400, going to need front pads & discs at about £400, and about £400 again for the cambelt change!

Derek

Cambelt change is every 10 years/100k miles on the 4.3 V8.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links