Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone changed the rear speakers or done anything else to improve the bass on the rear speakers on a GS300 mk1 ,i have had my car over a month now and apart from the fuel consumption this is the only thing that realy niggles me(and the squeaky centre arm rest :D )my van has a better sound .The radio is not bad but put on a cd and it is pants .Can i just add an amp or do i have to change speakers etc .I have never upgraded a sound system in any car so any advice would be welcome.

Thanks for the reply Is that the speakers in the doors or the rear shelf ,Also what is a kicker :question:

I'm not sure of the speaker arrangement in the Mark 1 - in the GS-2 there are speakers in the front doors (midrange), front pillars (tweeters), rear doors (dual) and a subwoofer on the rear shelf - I changed everything except the subwoofer.

Kicker is a make of speaker.

Tried the lot but still sounds bad on cd (lack of bass).Checked rear bass speaker today seems to be working fine .Asked dealer today and he suggested taking it to a local audio shop so me thinks i will tomorrow hopefully a cheap solution.

CD on mine sounds loads better than radio.

Must admit, whole audio setup sounds spot-on, and am more than pleased with it.

I did lift a big 160w amp out of my last motor on the pre-tense of putting it in this, but have decided to leave everything as standard.

Try adjusting your eq, cd should sound way better than radio. I don't care what you drive cd always sounds better. Apart from a speaker being blown the stock system is great for in car fill.

Rodders_UK what kind of amp did you wire in to push those kickers. Was it much of an improvement with the stock deck?

Rodders_UK what kind of amp did you wire in to push those kickers. Was it much of an improvement with the stock deck?

the amp is totally stock - I just changed the speakers. the improvement in sound quality is astonishing

Mudzs ~ Are you bangin a burned cd? Maybe its the quality of your disc recording. Some songs just have no bottom end. The eq is the adjustment for bass trebile and midrange. Most car audio stores will try to sell you some gear before they will fix your stock system. Then again if you truly are not satisfied with the sound an upgrade may be in order.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Could anyone advise me on how to remove the rear sub on gs 300

there appears to be no access to it from the boot, from with the car, i cannot see any clips.. does the seats need to come out?

if so can some one help..

went to Lexus dealer and they weren't helpful !!

Dilss

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links