Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Alarm/battery Backup Help.please....

I've been reading the forums and found lots of useful information, but can't seem to find a solution to my problem. I have a Lexus is200 on a T plate. The alarm in the boot keeps going off and I get the beeping noises from the boot also (even when driving). The main alarm doesn’t sound just the one in the boot. The problem is that I can’t turn off the alarm in the boot for love nor money. The only way to stop it is to disconnect the Battery.

Can anyone cast any light on this? I was up at 2am last night disconnecting the Battery. There must be a cheaper option than having to pay £400 for Lexus to fit a new ECU when it’s probably only the backup batteries (the dealer says that it’s all one unit!) . I've tried searching the web high and low to see what these batteries are. I'm not sure where the unit is located in the boot either and whether it’s easy to get at.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Digger

Theres a boot alarm? The main alarm its own battery so why would there be an alarm in the boot connected to the car battery unless its been fitted by a previous owner?

In which case, I can't help cos I haven't got one, sorry

the stock alarm uses the horns and a siren in the boot - the siren has a back up Battery and when the Battery for the siren is low/ needs replacing you have a warning beep but this norm only beeps when the main Battery is disconnected

Theres a boot alarm? The main alarm its own battery so why would there be an alarm in the boot connected to the car battery unless its been fitted by a previous owner?

the stock alarm uses the horns and a siren in the boot - the siren has a back up Battery and when the Battery for the siren is low/ needs replacing you have a warning beep but this norm only beeps when the main Battery is disconnected

Could he be reffering to not the alarm..

but the beeping noise in car we get when we select reverse?

Thanks for all the help guys. In response to your questions there is a siren in the boot which seems to be the problem. I have been down to Lexus today and they disconnected the siren. There was continual beeping at times and the siren would also sound when it felt like it. It's nothing to do with reversing as I don’t have any parking sensors.

Lexus have quoted me 391 for a replacement siren which is allot of money considering that I can get a brand new alarm system fitted for about 290. I will only get a year's worth of warranty from Lexus just for the siren, where as the complete alarm system has warranty for 3 years. This means that if anything further goes wrong with my Lexus alarm system (not including the siren) then I'm not covered. In my opinion Lexus have overpriced this as you loose out on cost and cover just for one component in the system

Anyone have any ideas how I could make this point to Lexus GB and if there is any point in telling them?

Thanks

Digger

ah, I get you now, i've set mine off a few times, just didn't take notice where the sound was coming from (besides the horn obviously)

Your car will beep intermittently when in reverse whether you got parking sensors or not, its just to tell you your in reverse (unless you have auto in which case, no beep)

Hi Guys, my first post.

Whilst this thread is still fresh, I am having similar difficulties as I was working away for a long period and my Battery went completely flat. Once I had recharged it, I put it back in but whatever I do, I can't get the alarm and horn to shut-up.

I have closed all doors, set/reset on (both) keyfobs

As soon as the last Battery terminal is connected, away she goes - my neighbours love me. :tsktsk:

Pleez help - How the heck do you reset it?

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And for those of us not on Facebook or who get the dreaded "page can't be found" to this can you post an easier access to your solution please...thanks

All credit for these pictures goes to Sedmund.

1_zpse3315ce2.jpg

1a_zps7ad542ef.jpg

3_zpse94ab9ea.jpg

4_zpsed04d081.jpg

6_zpse54d8c41.jpg

7_zps67d2c5b6.jpg

8_zpsd2dd96fb.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links