Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi, can someone recomand me to a good brand of tyres of my mk2 gs300

i have the orginal 16inch wheels

i don't want something ultra high performance just something quite, fuel economical and good grip in wet and preferably not too expensive

• 2 months later...

I've been using Yokohama 225/55 R16 radials (A416 I think) - they seem quite good but are a little expensive - I do about 25000mls a year so I'm after some cheaper to run tyres.

Remoulds from Colway seem cheap but I'm never sure about remoulds - any thoughts?

Have to make a decision shortly so any ideas about tyres gratefully received

Mark

I've been using Yokohama 225/55 R16 radials (A416 I think) - they seem quite good but are a little expensive - I do about 25000mls a year so I'm after some cheaper to run tyres.

Remoulds from Colway seem cheap but I'm never sure about remoulds - any thoughts?

Have to make a decision shortly so any ideas about tyres gratefully received

Mark

Please don't put remoulds on your car mate - I'd feel bad about having to attend your funeral - those things are bloody lethal and you''ve got a fast and heavy car there - just don't do it!!

I thought they were illegal nowadays anyway??

The SO2's are great!

I understand that tyre expense is a necessary evil and it is tempting to sometimes opt for, let's just say, a lesser grade tyre. However, it is probably prudent to remember that the only thing that get's you round those corners in dry and wet conditions, is that small amount of rubber in contact with the road at each corner.

I have used bridgestones, yokohama's, pirelli's and Toyo's on GS's and have driven over 170,000 miles.

Bridgestones, OK

Yokoama, Poor grip, wear out quickly

Pirelli, poor wet weather grip and expensive.

Toyo, excellent grip, good wear, very good price

My vote goes to the Toyo's, I have just removed bridgestones from my TVR and replaced then with Toyos as TVR now fit them as standard.

Also

Pirelli P6000 £108.30 each :unsure:

Yokohama A411 £115.70 each :unsure:

Toyo Proxes £57.40 each ;)

There is just no contest in my opinion....... :D

Colway remoulds are not illegal - just unadviseable judging the response!! Given I saw 150Mph on the autobahn last month its worth spending a bit more :winky: Would love to know where the Toyo proxes at £57 a go came from - cheapest I can find is £83 fully fitted (Bracknell Tyres - 01344 411323)

Never buy tyres from any UK outlet, they will rip you off. :iraqi-info-minister:

I get all mine direct from Germany.............

Try www.mytyres.net this is were the prices I quoted came from :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links