Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre - Presure Indicator On / Faulty !

Avril

with all my run flat tyres pumped to 33 psi, i am getting a low pressure warning. The book seems to say that run flat tyres can still be faulty even if the pressure gauge shows correct tyre pressure.

Anyone had this problem - i'm worried i'm not safe even though the tyre gauge says OK.

Guest inicol63

Hi Avril.

The tyre sensor have a life span of between 3 5 years.

Lexus make a small fortune on these, as they are around £110 each sensor plus fitting costs.

You can turn the sensor off, i am not recommending you do this nor would Lexus in case you sue me.

I turned mine off and changed the wheels, never had any issue's.

If you pm me i can give details how to do this.

I take it your sensor and buzzer are both going.

Ian

Hi Avril.

Lexus make a small fortune on these, as they are around £110 each sensor plus fitting costs.

You can turn the sensor off, i am not recommending you do this nor would Lexus in case you sue me.

Ian

Hi Ian - No - there is no buzzer - just the continuous warning light on the dashboard display. Your info on life of sensor interesting, presumably they would all go over a shortish period (couple of yrs) - expensive.

Without the buzzer I am thinking the sensor is saying a small loss of pressure detected, not alarm situation yet, even tho pressure is equal all round. However i'm guessing slightly broken sensor is still broken.

Guest inicol63

Avril i guess you know what wheel is causing you problems?

Send me your personel email and i send you information should you wish to turn off the sensor .

The second opp is to turn sensor off and then on again, this my clear the system.

Ian

• 2 years later...

Avril i guess you know what wheel is causing you problems?

Send me your personel email and i send you information should you wish to turn off the sensor .

The second opp is to turn sensor off and then on again, this my clear the system.

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Avril.

Ian

Hi Ian

I have same problem with sensors on an SC 430 2002 can you tell me how to disconnect please, thanks John

Hi Avril.

Ian

Hi Ian

I have same problem with sensors on an SC 430 2002 can you tell me how to disconnect please, thanks John

As above, my dad just got a low miles SC430 and this light is on. How do you disable? Cheers

• 2 months later...

Hi Avril.

Ian

• 2 months later...

[HI Ian .Hope you dont mind me reading about the info on wheel tyre pressure sensors.You say you can turn it off ?I had 19"wheels on my Lexus LS 460 2007 that gave a bad ride.I put some 18s on with 235 55 18 .Great ride but I have the tyre pressure warning light on all the time now.Do you know if I can use the sensors from the old 19s and put them on the 18"wheels.Or how to turn the sensor off would be ok.If you have any info on this it would be much appresiated.Kind regards Barrie.

• 2 months later...

Hi I am having a similar problem with my SC430 when I have changed the wheels now I keep getting a faulty bleep every 3 minutes telling me my tyre pressure is low can you tell me how to take off the sensor. my email is deanbex@googlemail.com

cheers

Dean

• 1 month later...

I just bought a used 2002 SC430 and light and buzzer on...doesn't have factory wheels and tire place told me today there are no sensors on these wheels so how do I disconnect light and buzzer? My email is stanleyjackie@hotmail.com

• 2 months later...

Hi I posted the same problem 4/5 months ago I changed the wheels and my yellow tyre pressure light on the dash is on permanently, it does not bother me but it looks like someone could tell me how to fix it. please could you forward it to me on cartshed@tiscali.co.uk.

All the best, and thanks a lot, Lester

• 4 weeks later...

been reading this with interest as the tyre pressure warning light came on yesterday.One of the tyres had gone down to 27 so presume it was this one,pumped them all up to 33 and warning light has gone off.

However,has made me think I will not change the wheels but just get the existing ones refurbed.

This is probably a dumb question but here goes anyway:can you take the wheels off,put them back on,swap them round without affecting the tyre sensors?

You should be okay rotating/swapping tyres as long as all four sensors currently work.

If you get a problem, you could try the following activation procedure, as detailed in the pre-delivery service :

1 - Set the TPMS select switch in the glove compartment to 'Main'

2 - Turn the ignition switch to on, and check the TPMS light comes on (comment : which is the reason we are doing these steps)

3 - Rapidly reduce the inflation pressure by 3PSI or more within 15 seconds (this is important) - for each tyre.

4 - After all 4 TPMS have been activated, check the warning light goes OUT

5 - If the light has not gone out, inflate tyres to higher than 30PSI and check it goes out after 10 minutes

6 - Now inflate tyres to correct pressure.

Have fun.....

Hi a short while ago enquired about interior/wheel change,well took it on

see pic for finish only problem yes you have guessed light for tyre sensor is on,

could someone advise how to eliminate

By the way original wheels on run flats and full black leather interior up for grabspost-39342-0-24072800-1310749523.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi, another TPMS problem, my 2002 SC430 had 2 sensors replaced earlier this year and everything worked beautifully for a few months, then the Battery failed and to cut a long story short the car was without a Battery at all for about a week. After it was replaced that the dreaded TPMS light came back on again. It stays on permanently unless I go for a long drive in which case it eventually goes off and then comes back on again a few days later. I am thinking it needs a reset, but I cannot locate the so called reset button under the steering wheel, does my car even have one? Any suggestion gratefully received!

Thanks...Paul. :excl:

I get similar, light comes on - go for a drive and it goes off when the pressure in one is marginal.

It could be tyre pressure is almost at a level to trigger the TPMS then a quick drive heats the tyres up - sending the pressure back up over the limit.

You only need to dip below 30 psi and this should trigger the TPMS.

In the recent hot spell, mine were reading 34.5psi - then they went back down to 33 today, and I've not put any air in them at all.

OMG how embarrassing, home tested and all tyres were above 30psi. Decided to forecourt test and all were at 27, raised to 34 and light went out. Time for a new compressor at home, or at least a new gauge :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links