Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Weird Problem

Russdx

When driving along some times the ABS light will just light up and the traction control light will flash and i will have to restart the engine to clear them

does it randomly though my driving can be just after 30seconds or half way through a 4hour drive, onces its on it stays on till engine restart

took it to a garage to read the error codes on the obd2 port but they said their was NONE and they tried two tools

any ideas because some thing must be wrong or the car would not be flashing these lights, but if it is not storing the error codes how do i know what is wrong ??

or do i need lexus to read it can they read some thing off a obd port normal garage cant ?

no but these is300 coilovers so **** firm the suspension does get smashed to HECK so wouldnt be surprised if some thing is loose

BUT traction control is fine surley that uses the same sensors ???

if their is no error codes what can lexus do ??

Edited by Monster-Mat
swearing

thats what i thought

yet this garage checked it with 2 OBD2 tools and said there was nothing

i thought OBD2 was a standard so cant see wot lexus can get out of it a normal garages tool can

give em a go i guess, see wot they charge to read it LOL

not sure if the codes are memorised, but it should show up when the lights are flashing...

If the lights flash, try to read the codes without turning off the ignition... maybe this means you have to drive round with the code reader inserted in the diagnostic socket, but it will show the codes as they appear.

Turning off the ignition will clear any codes that are not memorised.

John

not sure if the codes are memorised, but it should show up when the lights are flashing...

If the lights flash, try to read the codes without turning off the ignition... maybe this means you have to drive round with the code reader inserted in the diagnostic socket, but it will show the codes as they appear.

Turning off the ignition will clear any codes that are not memorised.

John

ah i thought all codes were stored in some sort of error code stack that dint get cleared it just built up

had a little field test today and found out when the abs light is on and the traction flashing it means I HAVE NO ABS as went to a carpark and slamed my brakes on and it SKIDDED to a stop no juddering abs at all

so i turn car off and on, clearing lights try again and abs cuts in no problem

so cant be that big a problem if just switching engine off and on mends it must be software fault ??

ill get a obd2 reader my self n drive around with a laptop i guess till it errors and get the code my self THEN take it to lexus as dont want to pay them 2hours labor to drive it around to wait for it to come on lol

had a little field test today and found out when the abs light is on and the traction flashing it means I HAVE NO ABS as went to a carpark and slamed my brakes on and it SKIDDED to a stop no juddering abs at all

what speed were u doing when u did this? as ABS only works when above certain speed

Not necessarily.... while driving, the cables are moving about, and as soon as a break in the circuit happens, the light will instantly come on... and will stay on, until the ignition is turned off..

The code is then cleared, and remains so until the circuit breaks again...

This is the problem with intermittent connections.. they are very hard to find, as they usually show up fine when testing..

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links