Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Headunit

So finally got the new head unit in and new facia in. I went for the Clarion VRX578RUSB. Does basically everything you would need from a headunit. Tried to re-use the AutoLeads Facia adapter i had off my ol Pioneer headunit but it wouldn't seem to fit around my new HU so its sort of snapped a bit in the install process! So i decided to give the original Toyota facia adapter a go. i heard it was an exact match to the finish of the rest of the dash so should blend in nicely. The only thing i don't like about it is that once you have cut the blanking plate to size, you loose the cubie hole that the Autolead facia adapter. But after further consideration, the amount of extra cabling on the new headunit would leave no room to fit a cubby hole!! A few pics:

Closed:

dsc00726eb7.jpg

Open:

dsc00724nu1.jpg

Another stupid impulse buy, Could have gotten a nice HKS manifold for less!

Don't know about a stupid 'impulse' buy mate, that looks fab! I can't wait to get one of these installed! Never had one and always wanted one so hopefully next year :)

How you finding it then so far? You happy with the quality?

All the best,

Jamie

Quality is great, toyota facia is so much better quality than the autoleads one! So many settings yet to play with, need to run another rca cable to the 4 channel amp for the rears. It really is a great unit at a great price. the ripspeed Halfords one over here costs nearly the same money i got this for!

I'm finding it a little hard to depict from your picture above, but is it possible to bore the fascia out to a double DIN?

Jamie

This should give you a better idea matey, will lose the Heated Seats buttons I think

TOYOTABLANKINGPLATE1.jpg

You can cut it almost to any shape you wanted (within the rectangle).

The Toyota Part No. is 55413-53010

Cost is about £45-£50 approx

I'm finding it a little hard to depict from your picture above, but is it possible to bore the fascia out to a double DIN?

Jamie

This should give you a better idea matey, will lose the Heated Seats buttons I think

TOYOTABLANKINGPLATE1.jpg

You can cut it almost to any shape you wanted (within the rectangle).

The Toyota Part No. is 55413-53010

Cost is about £45-£50 approx

yep as Wozza said the blanking plate can be removed and cut to size. or totally removed for double din. Hard to cut the plastic straight though. I heat up a stanley blade and cut along the edge of a steel ruler. only cost me 50 euro for it from toyota

Ahhh, didn't realise you lost the area for those buttons. Will have to give that one a miss. That's a pity that is...

Cheers for the picture pal,

Jamie

Could you not just cut off the bottom bit and replace with your original button tray? Or am I missing something?

I suppose I personally just wanted something as standard as possible without having to butcher it for it to work tbh...

Jamie

Yes the blanking plate is removable, you dont have to cut it out its held on by 3 screws at the back. I dont have the heated seats so didnt have that problem :unsure:

Ahhh, didn't realise you lost the area for those buttons. Will have to give that one a miss. That's a pity that is...

Cheers for the picture pal,

Jamie

Jamie,

Its the same one i've got mate. i've just fitted the extra buttons at the bottom as well.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links