Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is-f In Autocar Magazine This Week

Take a look in this weeks Autocar magazine this week (2009 BMW 5 Series on front cover) for a mini road test of the IS-F!

Is it possible for u to post a pic of the cover / pic's as we don't get that mag out here....

Drools in anticipation

The web site hasn't been updated with the magazine article yet, will keep and eye open and post when it appears!

Thanks for this I went out and bought the Magazine yesterday, although the first impressions are very favourable and they are very impressed with the IS F, there was one statement they made that I did not agree with (although I have not read the full article yet so there may be other bits I don’t agree with) they said at £51k it’s over priced but then went on to say Lexus have deliberately priced it at £51k because they genuinely believe it is a car that’s every bit as good if not better than an M3 etc.

They also then said people would much rather pay the extra £1k and go for a Nissan Skyline. I think the new Nissan Skyline is a fantastic motor, amazing, but given the choice I would chose the IS F without hesitation.

It seems there are a few biased opinions still out there, but it also seems the IS F has impressed all whether they admit it or not. A lot of the reviews and first impressions are totally blown away with this fantastic motor and are very in favour of the IS F and believe it will truly challenge the M3 and RS 4.

I’m not sure if you read any of my other posts, but I was and still am p****ed off that the ultrasonic blue not being available in the UK, but I called Lexus GB and spoke to the guy who is running the marketing of the IS F in the UK and I expressed my disappointment, he genuinely thanked me for taking the time out to call him and give my feedback and he said that if there is enough demand then possibly during the second quarter or third quarter they may well release the Blue colour in the UK.

I’ve just seen a Silver/Grey IS F and that looks nice as well especially with the Blue interior stitching and the Gum Mental Grey alloys so all is not that bad.

I think it’s safe to say the IS F will be Phenomenal and also all the reviews say it’s a very good looking car in person.

Can’t wait!!!!

Skyline GT-R has a long long heritage compared to the IS-F, as does the M3. Give me a GT-R any day of the week! :unsure:

Yes so did Mercedes and BMW but then came along the Lexus LS 400 and totally redefined luxury, build quality and refinement!!!

I can see where you are coming from, but I don’t agree, certainly not as far as Lexus is concerned, there were many doubters back in 1989 and look where Lexus is today.

The new LS 600h beats the S Class, even a very few (and I mean a very small percentage of Bentley owners have traded in their Bentley’s for the new LS) (and this is not my opinion the magazines say so)

Even now a lot of people were saying the Magazines will put it right and highlight the weaknesses in the IS-F, well they haven’t!!! in fact the handling, the looks and the technology are all very highly rated. Ferrari have the greatest heritage as far as performance goes and in 1989 they introduced the first Semi-Automatic paddle shift gearbox (Formula One). The new gearbox in the IS-F is rated just as good as the Ferrari gearbox in their latest offering.

Lexus said the performance figures are 0-60mph less than 5.0 seconds and top speed 168 mph restricted.

All the magazines I’ve read have said it’s a lot quicker than that, a few have said we tested 0-60mph at 4.5 seconds and Top Speed 170mph restricted.

Doubt them, but they will do what they did back in 1989 and prove all the doubters wrong!

i know that the is-f will be treated fairly and that it will get its dues payed if its really good,however i wouldnt dwell on the Lexus gearbox.The M3 had a quicker box than ferrari did back in 1999 when the first E46 M3 SMG was launched and is still quicker than the Ferrari boxes today-this means absolutely nout.All semi-auto boxes are soon to follow the DSG box as this is easier to live with day to day,its not about speed changes anymore.

M3 Saloon 4dr will be £49.2k on the road, according to Autocar. Hmmm...decisions decisions, but before the decisions come, those 6 little numbers have to come along tomorrow night :lol:

Then I can buy a Gallardo

hmmm,thats quite a good price actually ,considering the coupe is £55k.yep id prefer a gallardo too

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links