Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Aftermarket Parking Sensors

Hello all,

I've recently bought a IS200SE (year 2000 with 33,000 miles on the clock) and I'm really liking it. My only slight problem is rear visibility as I have to parallel park where I live, which leads me to thinking about getting parking sensors fitted. Does anyone know what the options are? Do Lexus do a retro fit or do I have to go for an aftermarket option? Any help would be appreciated.

DO a search for parking sensors ( top RH corner of the screen) and u will find a plethora of previous topics on the subject.

but TBH the rear view isnt so bad once u get used to it.

but lexus do offer a kit but u have better kits out there, also kits that use a strip so no drilling of holes etc

Depends what you have to spend on it! Lexus one is expensive!! There's lots out there even cheap ones that look like a number plate surround.

This isnt for parking sensors, but check it out anyway: CLICKY

My brother in law is getting it, so i suggested we fit it in his car to see how good it would be as a reversing aid! I think the idea in principle is great and at £80 its certainly a bargain.

Ill post it up once we've done it (after xmas)

Hello all,

I've recently bought a IS200SE (year 2000 with 33,000 miles on the clock) and I'm really liking it. My only slight problem is rear visibility as I have to parallel park where I live, which leads me to thinking about getting parking sensors fitted. Does anyone know what the options are? Do Lexus do a retro fit or do I have to go for an aftermarket option? Any help would be appreciated.

What ever do just don't let Halfords fit it.

Hello all,

I fitted these ones recently E-bay item #, one sensor in the middle & two either side, some spray paint from Halfords, drilling holes in the bumper was a scary experience but they look & work great.

I used these instructions Click me

I've been thinking about getting some parking sensors fitted too....

Of all the research I have done, these seem to come up top.. http://www.proxel.com/eps-wbd.htm

Look! It almost says Prolex :P

It requires no drilling, its an electromagnetic strip [As Rob mentioned a up there ^^^] that you stick BEHIND the bumper, which I am assuming is easier to remove then to drill!

Also has a cool little LED display meter, which is handy as we already have a reversing buzzer and would sound pretty crap with two buzzers going off.

Another interesting one i found was a this.. Item number 120193400196

Its also a drill free solution but instead is placed below or above the number plate, pretty clever, but i suspect as our IS's have very high number plates, it wont work so well?

I'll keep deliberating further which option to go for!

I've been thinking about getting some parking sensors fitted too....

Of all the research I have done, these seem to come up top.. http://www.proxel.com/eps-wbd.htm

Look! It almost says Prolex :P

It requires no drilling, its an electromagnetic strip [As Rob mentioned a up there ^^^] that you stick BEHIND the bumper, which I am assuming is easier to remove then to drill!

Also has a cool little LED display meter, which is handy as we already have a reversing buzzer and would sound pretty crap with two buzzers going off.

Another interesting one i found was a this.. Item number 120193400196

Its also a drill free solution but instead is placed below or above the number plate, pretty clever, but i suspect as our IS's have very high number plates, it wont work so well?

I'll keep deliberating further which option to go for!

Don't.

I had a few of these systems to try out a few years ago. They just don't work well. Fine one minute then nothing the next. You just don't know when to trust them.

About £420 fitted from my local Lexus dealer when I had them fitted last. 4 sensor system, perfectly colour coded. Not cheap, but very handy.

A similar Halfords system was about £220 fitted, but the guy that I spoke to didn't inspire much confidence in me when he said "we'll get the bumper off somehow"

I bought one of these which was already colour coded to match the car colour:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Parking-Reversing-Se...1QQcmdZViewItem

At just over £20 including the drill bit to make the holes accurately I though it was a bargain. All of the wiring is done in the boot so it is quick and simple to do.

If you are careful you can do it without removing the bumper and the wiring can be fed through the same grommets as the rear light clusters (just undo the tape, feed the new cables and then re-tape the grommet.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links