Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

anyone recommend a place for wheel alignment...apart from tony-wim in hempstead..too far for me :) might ask him for the settings tho and get a local place to do it..suggestions? gir a is250 se-l.

also thinking of getting the 18"'s that come on the 250 sport..anyone had theirs changed from the se/se-l 17's to the 18's?? does it change the ride alot?

I have the IS250 Sport 18" rims on my IS200 , currently with Dunlop Sports Maxx tyres.

(front) 225/40R18 18" x 8" 45mm offset

(rear) 255/40R18 18" x 8.5" 50mm offset

PCD = 114.3mm

New18sWIM009.jpg

I bought mine from another LOC Member, he didn't like the ride of the 18's and swapped

back to 17's on his IS250.

I however have to report they ride fine on my IS200 with loads of grip & minimal comfort difference :D

anyone else? :)

You may want to contact 'Tel' if he doesn't read this, as he moved up to 18" OEM's.

On my SE-L I changed to 19" rims and I think it's a slightly harder ride. Initially put it down to having also fitted the Eibach Proset lowering springs but when I had my 19" refurbed I put my 17" back on and it may be just my imagination, but I swear I can feel the additional flex in the larger profile tyres :unsure: .

just found another topic bout alloys n sizes n a quote from u Tango..

My understanding has always been that the second generation IS has 8.5" wide rears and 8" fronts. However, I took the OEM IS250 17" rims off (my IS200 Sport) today for a quick clean and corrosion check, and noticed the cast markings on all four wheels said '17 x 8 JJ' and '45' for offset. In measuring the rims I cannot see any difference in rim width although the tyres originally on the IS250 were 225's front and 245's rear.

Did I get an odd set, am I wrong in thinking they are different rim widths, or is it just the tyre width that's different?

Wozza..:

I have the IS250 Sport 18" rims on my IS200 , currently with Dunlop Sports Maxx tyres.

are the offsets just more on the 18's than the 17's at the back (50mm instead of 45mm)? everything else the same..? not very knowledgeable in this area :(

anyone also got a side pic of the 18" sport alloys. cant find a clear one here and ones ive seen are angled. need to do some photoshopping to see if i need to get them or the hoshis

PCD = 114.3mm

New18sWIM009.jpg

I bought mine from another LOC Member, he didn't like the ride of the 18's and swapped

back to 17's on his IS250.

I however have to report they ride fine on my IS200 with loads of grip & minimal comfort difference :D

wozza is there much difference at the back with the wider section tyre you have?

ive got the "18" 225/40/18 all round just wondered if you could notice any difference thats all....maybe a bit more grippy??

if the width of the 17"s oem are 8" all around, but the tyres are 225/245 standard on the se/se-l does that mean just the tyre is wider n not the rim? but the 18" sports oem the actual rim is wider too on the rear?? by 0.5"?

wozza is there much difference at the back with the wider section tyre you have?

ive got the "18" 225/40/18 all round just wondered if you could notice any difference thats all....maybe a bit more grippy??

dazz..what wheels u got?

right now on the 17" oem the tyres are front 225-45-R17 90W and Rear 245-45-R17 95W. on the 18" sport ones they are 225 and 255. would it be better to keep the profile at 45 instead of 40? 40 is a lower profile? see a few people with 18's like dazz, wozza, tel all have profile at 40? any ideas?

I've got the "18" 225/40/18 all round just wondered if you could notice any difference thats all....maybe a bit more grippy??

loads of grip & minimal comfort difference :D

They fit ok except I need a couple of mm shaving off the inside lip of the wheel arch as under

a hard left turn the Drivers Rear lip is touching slightly. The 255 Tyres are recommended for the 8.5" rears

They fit with the 255 tyres on the IS200 fine on the inside of the arches but mine is not lowered.

(Se not Sport)

would it be better to keep the profile at 45 instead of 40? 40 is a lower profile?

The 40 Profile is what comes as Standard with these wheels, so I'm sticking with what the

Factory/Tyre companies have figured is best for them.

anyone also got a side pic of the 18" sport alloys.

New18sWIM023.jpg

lo_DSC07224.jpg

Hope this helps matey

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links