Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Stop Smoke....

Jackal321

Hello guys,

my car gives off alot of smoke out the exhaust, i've noticed it more now cos the weather is cold, and its quite annoying sometimes when i'm in traffic and i look in the rear view mirror and all i see is a big cloud of smoke building up. I was wondering if anyone heard of an oil called stop smoke and if its any good, or is it something that i should not use? or is there anything else that i could try?

also, i know this has probably been discussed a few times before, but is there a fuel additive called stp.. or something like that which MIGHT help improve my fuel consumption? i'm averaging about 20mpg :ohmy: i've had the plugs changed to the denso iridium, gonna try the k&n filter, I've tried higher octane fuel and i get the same mpg on on that than i do with normal fuel

(sorry for bringing this up again :unsure: )

your help is much appreciated :)

hi.. this may not be smoke.. just water vapours/mist which is quite normal. Most cars do it.. even a diesel will have a small bit.

I would not add any additives at all.. most are rubbish.

let the car tick over in the morning and when the smoke starts have a sniff.. should be pretty odourless.

Oil is whitle/bluey and really bad smell.

BTW.. in cold weather your mpg will drop

what colour is the smoke? :mellow:

i think its white, not sure :P

but i'm pretty sure it isnt burning oil, i've never had to top it up

Oil would be blue-ish as said, but have you checked the radiator/reservoir levels :huh:

what colour is the smoke? :mellow:

i think its white, not sure :P

but i'm pretty sure it isnt burning oil, i've never had to top it up

Oil would be blue-ish as said, but have you checked the radiator/reservoir levels :huh:

i checked not too long ago, it was fine it hadnt dropped. the smoke definately isnt a blueish colour so hopefully its ok :)

any ideas on the stp fuel injector cleaner i think its called? is it worth using that to improve fuel consumption a little. I've tried doing a search on it but i cant find anything. I'm sure i heard someone mention it on here....

Loads have tried it but it is a complete waste of money! the MPG is the first thing i noticed when i got my IS, there's no way of getting round it, its just part and parcel of owning the car.

If you try the super unleaded you have to wait for a couple of fill ups as the system would need to be flushed of the standard stuff.

In my experience though, the MPG gain evens out when compared with the cost of a full tank, only the super is better on the engine.

You could always get an LPG conversion, but it's a pricey install and it'll take roughly a year for it to pay for itself but you'll get 3 times more miles out of the £60 you currently spend on filling your car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links