Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My car is due it's 70k intermediate service, so I called Guildford and Croydon for prices.

They are asking £325.13 and £369.64 respectively - which seems a bit on the steep side to me!! I've looked at the Hanley price matrix but it only goes up to 60k, which my car had this time last year. But from the prices of the other intermediate services shown, I'd guess it would be somewhere around the £80-£100 bracket?

What have other people paid for the 70k? It's only an oil change and inspection isn't it? I need an MOT as well, but that's a fixed price and is not included in the prices I've given above...

Hi,

in my eyes thats pretty steep. i was quoted £330 for a cambelt change, which i think is alot harder than changing the oil & filter. (but i dont actually know whats involved on a 70k service)

Yes, those prices were from the Lexus main dealers in the stated towns.

I'm booked in now for the 7th Feb at Albin B Motors, who have been recommended on here before and sound like a good place. Price is roughly £200ish for the MOT and the service, which is a bit more like it!!

That sounds steep to me too, I take its from Lexus dealership.

Have you thought about going to other reputable garages?

:offtopic: .... might be a long shot.... usuf_x from npoc?

That sounds steep to me too, I take its from Lexus dealership.

Have you thought about going to other reputable garages?

:offtopic: .... might be a long shot.... usuf_x from npoc?

Sorry :offtopic: yeah thats me from NPOC and I know that name shake just cant put a pic to it...remind me

I'm booked in now for the 7th Feb at Albin B Motors, who have been recommended on here before and sound like a good place. Price is roughly £200ish for the MOT and the service, which is a bit more like it!!

£200ish sounds about right

• 2 weeks later...

£200ish sounds about right

Well it's been in and been done - seems like a great place. Friendly staff and reasonable prices, plus they seem to have done a good job on the car as well, which I guess is the main thing. Service and a fresh MOT without any problems, apparently the car is in great shape overall.

For added convenience, they are about 5 mins walk from a train station as well, so if you work in London and go by train, it's much more convenient than most of the main dealers anyway. Recommended...

You can always do a few things when it comes to saving money at main dealers in terms of servicing. One thing I did was to supply my own engine oil. A few years ago my 2001 GS300 went in for a service at Lexus Woodford. I told them that I had two cans of Castrol Edge 0-30 fully synthetic engine oil in the rear passanger footwell which I wanted them to use rather than their own oil. Anyway, I picked the car up at night after the sercive had been compleated and didn't think to check it. Next morning, I checked the engine oil and it was all nice and clean. Then I looked in the rear passanger footwell and there were two cans of unopend Castrol Edge engine oil. I checked the invoice and had not been charged for the engine oil. So, sometimes, you do got somthing for nothing.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links