Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering Springs

nitro

Im looking to get my 2001 is200 sport lowered by 35mm. It currently has 19s for wheels. Will there be any problems if i was lowering by this much?

I got quoted by R-Tec in Hatfield for eibach springs at £375 including the fitting. Top Gear is st albans quoted me £310 with Pi Springs. Any ideas how much WIM or anyone else would charge or any recommendations.

Advice much appreciated.

The sport is already 15mm lower than stock so you will have a -50mm drop.... On the 19" this is pushing things to the limit.

What width are the wheels?

225/35/19 all around.

I heard that the 10/01 models and above are lowered but the 99>01 models are same ride height as the non sport versions. And the springs for the latter cost more than the newer models. is that true or not?

i was thinking dropping it by 30mm, maybe 35 max!

what do you suggest?

The sport is already 15mm lower than stock so you will have a -50mm drop.... On the 19" this is pushing things to the limit.

erm. nope tony the drop isnt cumulative.

if you take of the -15mm springs and fit the -35mm springs, the car will be -35mm lower

Eibach make the TTE srings you can get from Lexus for £135 (plus VAT). They drop the car about 35mm, im getting the same springs for my '99 S model.

Will lexus fit the springs?

Someone is telling me now that i need new shocks if im getting lowering springs

Eibach make the TTE srings you can get from Lexus for £135 (plus VAT). They drop the car about 35mm, im getting the same springs for my '99 S model.

Will lexus fit the springs?

Someone is telling me now that i need new shocks if im getting lowering springs

nope, you wont need new shocks with a 35mm drop....lexus can do it.

its only changing springs

if you do its because of the 19's as the TTE springs are made for the standard shocks. Lexus will fit them but i'll be dear compared to a local/smaller independant garage.

National tyres charge £25 (plus VAT) per spring to swap, i get it for £12.50 (including VAT) a spring because i go when the manager is out :whistling: im not sure if £12.50 p/s is good, but i dont mind paying it. Depends on the depth of your pockets.

so are we in agreement that i should go for TTE springs, buy it from lexus and get it fitted by a garage?

Eibach / TTE springs are a -30mm drop. Any decent garage / performance garage will be able to get them for you, part no:8259.140

so are we in agreement that i should go for TTE springs, buy it from lexus and get it fitted by a garage?

Eibach / TTE springs are a -30mm drop. Any decent garage / performance garage will be able to get them for you, part no:8259.140

had it done yesterday in St Albans. Eibach springs lowered by 30mm on 225/35/19s. Running nice and smooth.

Will i need to get my wheel alignments done?

had it done yesterday in St Albans. Eibach springs lowered by 30mm on 225/35/19s. Running nice and smooth.

Will i need to get my wheel alignments done?

yup, run the car for a few weeks to allow the springs to settle

erm. nope tony the drop isnt cumulative.

if you take of the -15mm springs and fit the -35mm springs, the car will be -35mm lower

Surely its less than that as if you fit 35mm springs to a Sport that is already 15mm lower than standard (S/SE level) then it will only be 20mm lower than it was before?

unless the 35mm drop kit is intended for the sport model.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links