Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

War

tdiplc

"I know Saddam is a tyrannical oppressive murdering dictator, but who'd give a sod if he didn't have oil, or the money it generates to support terrorism."

that may very well be true. it angers me that the reasons for this action sometimes get placed into one word..oil.......

there is far more to it than that, and in a way your comment above is correct, but i think the area aswell that if Iraq is a stabelized country then hopefully the palastine/isreal situation will eventually be solved.

and i also agree and belive that possibly,iraq is being used as an example.

but all these people that say iraqi people are being killed needlessly, imagine how many more would be killed in secret, and i think the coalition has now proved that they are doing everything they can to eliminate colataral damage`

i often wonder if when i was there 12 years ago..and was a little anoyed that we had to stop and come home......what would people have thought then if we had carried on......what about all the people that were killed since that last gulf war...what if

I think one of the problems is that the media aren't letting us know enough of the atrocities happening because of this dictatorship.

We all have an idea, but not enough is reported. We are living cushy lives here and because we don't see what's going on, it's too easy to be opinionated on other issues.

I'm sure if we knew more about this then opinion may change.

:angry:

once again the americans have ****** up

last gulf war they "accidently" attacked 2 warrior fighting vehicles, and this time they have"accidently" shot down a british tornado with a patriot,........i am very very very angry

this is why i dont like working with american forces........they are to un-predictable :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Hi

Watch your 6 Mat and take care about yourself.

I know your bridgelayer, made my national service in the Genie, with the same stuff

Unjustified war to seek fresh petrol sources, passing trought the UN decision, Saddham had to be down, but not the Iraki people.

How can the americans can pretend to have real accuracy weapons if they're able to shot down a Tornado by a Patriot…?

A question for Mat -

I don't mean to criticise or be personal, but I was wondering what you made of the public reaction?

Is it important to have people's backing or is it a case of heads down get on with the job in hand?

I was just curious....

once your doing the job, public opinion isnt greatly noticed, the lack of it is though......the negative moods is qickley felt, however, we have a job to do, and shouldnt allow public opinion affect our focus on the job.

sometimes(90%) public opinion is slightly misguided, one advantage of being in the forces in situations like there are at present is, we are also human, and have opinions, however we also get to hear the military prospective to a mission aswell as the humanitarian reasons......couple that with a personal opinion and sometimes we are in a good possition to determin the rights and wrongs of a situation, in a balanced view.......

i am fortunate/unfortunate to have been in several conflicts and been involved in humanitarian missions such as bosnia and kosovo, so i can see what happens when THINGS ARE NOT DONE!!!!......and thats why i fully agree with whats being done at the moment

i just dont agree with the loose trigger fingers the US guys have

During the last Gulf War I was with the 11 Armoured Workshops (which became part of the 7th Armoured Brigade). I was a "Pack Rat" which bascially meant I spent my time repairing heavy armoured vehicles (Challenger MkI's mainly).

I know the feeling of going into a war zone. You become almost detached from yourself. Very strange sensation. I don't mind admitting that I was very apprehensive before I went out. Once there though you just seem to accept that you are there to do a job and the butterflies just disappear.

As it happened the ground war was little more than a formality last time and the worst thing I encountered was driving past an Iraqi convoy which had just been visited by a couple of A10's not a few hours earlier. A real eye opener I can tell you.

Anyway, whether it's right or wrong no longer matters to me. Once British troops are involved then I care not anymore. I think only of them, their families and loved ones. They do an absolutely superb job and we should all be proud of them. Don't blame them for the politics that got them there.

I wish you all the best Mat and I'll shout you a beer when we meet :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links