Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Handbrake Light

Vyker

Hey All,

I dont start topics very often as you have probably noticed, but this time, I'm calling on LOC help.

I was driving into work this morning, it was a cold morning, as I started my journey, dropped the handbrake, into reverse gear, out of the driveway and off to work - I noticed that the handbrake light was still on when I got down the road, by which point I was already on the M4/A4.

I jiggled the handbrake around, even lifted it up while moving, I got the usual warning beep, but the light stayed on in the dash.

So in slow traffic, I switched the car off, out of gear, handbrake up, and started it up again, dropped the handbrake, and hey presto the light went out...

60miles of driving later, the light came back on again, now I cant remember if it came back on after i applied the brake, probably because of some annoying motorway driver who brakes when they see a bird fly over, or it came on by itself.

I drove another 10 or so miles till I got to the junction, stopped at some lights, and turned off again, started it up, light was out.

Does anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Im guessing there is a sensor at the handbrake and there must be one at the wheels. Does the sensor at the handbrake activate just the beep and the one at the wheels activate the light?

Any help here would be grand

Cheers

Vyker

Thanks for the replies.

I'll check the brake lights, thats easy enough.

Brake fluid... is that just under the bonnet in one of the containers?

Thankfully it has not happened since Monday morning, but I've not done many miles since [staying in a hotel]

Thanks again

Vyker

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links