Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Dealer Battery Price?

SII

Hi guys,

I need to get a new Battery for my IS300 sportcross & i've read on the forum that a dealer Battery is a good one to go with because of fitting & size. Problem is my local dealer (Milton Keynes) wants £90.49 fitted - sounds expensive, or am i stuck with it.

Any advice chaps?

ps. got an 80,000 service quoted as £375 - sound ok?

Cheers

Sii

Check with another dealer.

Normally, these are about £55, inc VAT, if the dealer has one in stock, if he has to order one in then the quoted price seems about right. I bought a Battery for my IS200 from Lexus Leeds for £55 inc VAT at the start of Jan, Lexus Leeds told me that they were selling off existing batteries at £55 (assuming £55 is cost price) to make room for new stock. If Lexus Leeds were to order me in a Battery from Toyota, then it would have cost me £75.

Wherever you get a Battery from, fit it yourself, only takes 5 mins.

Not sure of 80k service price, but whats included?

Hi guys,

I need to get a new battery for my IS300 sportcross & i've read on the forum that a dealer battery is a good one to go with because of fitting & size. Problem is my local dealer (Milton Keynes) wants £90.49 fitted - sounds expensive, or am i stuck with it.

Any advice chaps?

ps. got an 80,000 service quoted as £375 - sound ok?

Cheers

Sii

Personally I wouldn't get the replacement Battery from dealer the stock batteries are a bit weedy. The Halfords Calcium batteries are significantly better. I think the Halfords code for IS300 Calcium Battery is HCB005 Battery size is 6DA, but I could be wrong - check in store.

And yes - it's extremely easy to fit yourself.

Mine cost £55 with goldmember discount, and as above, took 5 mins to fit. Its a 65 amp.

Halfrauds 3 year warranty ones are £89.99 so the 4yr calciums must be more, so even it lasted twice as long as the dealer (which i doubt it would) it would unlikely justify the extra cost.

Mine cost £55 with goldmember discount, and as above, took 5 mins to fit. Its a 65 amp.

Halfrauds 3 year warranty ones are £89.99 so the 4yr calciums must be more, so even it lasted twice as long as the dealer (which i doubt it would) it would unlikely justify the extra cost.

Hi Guys - £55 sounds much tastier.

Thanks chaps

Check with another dealer.

Normally, these are about £55, inc VAT, if the dealer has one in stock, if he has to order one in then the quoted price seems about right. I bought a battery for my IS200 from Lexus Leeds for £55 inc VAT at the start of Jan, Lexus Leeds told me that they were selling off existing batteries at £55 (assuming £55 is cost price) to make room for new stock. If Lexus Leeds were to order me in a battery from Toyota, then it would have cost me £75.

Wherever you get a battery from, fit it yourself, only takes 5 mins.

Not sure of 80k service price, but whats included?

Hi mate - just rang to confirm the service price with Lexus Hatfield & surprise surprise its gone up £101 + brake fluid change at £90 - No doubt i would have been hit with it at payment time - wot a laugh.

Kam, what Leeds told you about the Battery is bull SHUUUUUUUUUUSH! I got one part way through last year, and was quoted £55 (+VAT but before Gold Discount). The reason i say they are taking the **** is because i was told it would take 3 days for delivery!

Ive also been told they've stopped giving LOC gold Discount too! :(

Kam, what Leeds told you about the battery is bull SHUUUUUUUUUUSH! I got one part way through last year, and was quoted £55 (+VAT but before Gold Discount). The reason i say they are taking the **** is because i was told it would take 3 days for delivery!

Ive also been told they've stopped giving LOC gold Discount too! :(

CV...you're probably right, but I'm not interested in what Leeds said, I wanted a replacement at the cheapest price, whether the Battery came from a dealer or a motor factors, I didn't care, as long it was the right type/fitment. I compared prices and Leeds came out the cheapest.

You say that Leeds have stopped LOC discount, I didn't know that. I'm not a gold member, so I'm not entitled to the discount, but when I was at Leeds, there was a bloke at the parts dept asking for LOC discount on parts he was buying, just by mentioning the LOC website, the guy didn't have his LOC card with him and he wasn't given the discount. The parts chap said he needed to see the LOC gold card as he needed to print his membership number on the invoice. Is that normal practice? To print the membership number on the invoice, or is this a way of checking that you are acutally a gold member?

BTW- That chap that was after the LOC discount left the parts dept not a happy chappie...

Fair enough, just hate it when the dealership try fobbing people off. Had Bradford trying to tell me my car needed £4k's worth of work, which Leeds promptly told me it didn't.

feel sorry for him, they've always asked for mine, but it happens to be in my wallet which contains my bank card some thing ales i only need when visiting the dealership :lol:

Had Bradford trying to tell me my car needed £4k's worth of work, which Leeds promptly told me it didn't.

£4k worth of work? Like what? A new car? You can buy an IS200 for that much nowadays...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links