Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Nearly Let It Go

Hello all

i nearly let the Oil companies/government make me sell my car

IS200 Sport,

with rising fuel costs, i convinced myself that i should sell MY car that i love

and get somthing a bit better on running costs.

I even went as low to think of chopping it in for a Astra 1.8i Dual fuel LPG/petrol

but every time i looked at the Astra i thought Gawd this is nothing compared to

what i already drive.

Then i saw the Light and thought Why should i allow the robbing Oil companies/Government

tell me what i can and cannot drive.

So i am sticking with my Lex that is a dream to drive even if it does cost a bit to run.

and i hope to keep it for another year or two then look at getting a IS220d or a IS250

as i think in the next 18months the price of Diesel will rise way above Petrol, so maybe a IS250

would then be cheaper to Run

:winky:

and i hope to keep it for another year or two then look at getting a IS220d or a IS250

as i think in the next 18months the price of Diesel will rise way above Petrol, so maybe a IS250

would then be cheaper to Run

:winky:

Not a lot in it at the moment and the IS250 auto petrol is a much nicer drive.

Can always do a LPG conversion on your IS....

Does any one here have any contacts for some one who does LPG conversion

- a DECENT installer,

I want a quote for someone who will replace my current petrol tank Half the size, and install an LPG tank next to it.

and do all the work.

- a DECENT installer,

I want a quote for someone who will replace my current petrol tank Half the size, and install an LPG tank next to it.

and do all the work.

Your tank requirements will make it very expensive. Typical conversion involves taking your spare wheel out and putting a tank there, and a can of tyre repair foam to get you back home.

I've previously made enquiries at http://www.greenfuel.org.uk/, they have done a conversion on IS before with the method mentioned above, quoted me about £2K.

- a DECENT installer,

and do all the work.

Your tank requirements will make it very expensive. Typical conversion involves taking your spare wheel out and putting a tank there, and a can of tyre repair foam to get you back home.

I've previously made enquiries at http://www.greenfuel.org.uk/, they have done a conversion on IS before with the method mentioned above, quoted me about £2K.

I have looked in to it and there is a company in the midlands called Go Gas

they quoted me around £1650-1750,

The Company my wife works for recomends them to convert Land rovers & range rovers

I had a chat with the guy there and he said the IS can be done.

But then i thought its a lot of money and will i get the return on it i am doing around 260 mile a week just to

work and back. i could probably spend that amount in Petrol for the next year then trade the car in.

Not a lot in it at the moment and the IS250 auto petrol is a much nicer drive.

I do find the current price of diesel quite amusing - I filled up with V-Power earlier today and it only cost 2p per litre more than diesel!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links