Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dial A Phone

GWilso

My phone contract has expired so i've bee looking at new phone options and rather than go back to Vodafone I come accross this site offering some pretty good deals such as free 40Gb PS3 and 19inch HD tv's etc etc

All seems a bit to good to be true has anyone had any dealings with this lot anything I need to be wary off???? :crybaby:

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/freegift/SONYPS340G/

All seems a bit to good to be true has anyone had any dealings with this lot anything I need to be wary off???? :crybaby:

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/freegift/SONYPS340G/

Like you say, a free phone with a free PS3 TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

My Mrs had a phone from them a couple of years back and had loads of hassle IIRC it was on an insurance claim, they collected the £5.99 pcm insurance and farmed out the liability to another company. When she claimed they didn't want to know and the third party underwriter wanted some massive excess figure.

free ps3, lcd tv etc are true indeed, however the contracts are normally £35+ a month and for a minimum of 18 months,

line rental subsidises handset prices, so any extra hardwear they "throw in" normally just bumps up line rental, shop around for the same tariffs without all the freebies, and the line rental shud be lower

see what the difference is and if its worth gettin the "freebies" and paying more monthly, and are the included mins/txts for these tarriffs actually close to what you'd use, or are they just silly amounts?

phone insurance isn't a requirement either imho, just keep your paperwork safe, and in the event of theft, have the sim blocked immediately, the amount u save monthly on insurance normally covers the price of a replacement handset anyway, and if u don't claim, u aren't out of pocket

Thanks guys i'm currently on a £35pcm contract anyway for the same sort of minutes and texts as they are offering i'm covered on my household insurance and with my bank for mobile phones cameras and away from home items etc etc so i won't be taking out their insurance

So it would seem that its not such a bad deal I was just wondering if anyone has had problems with the company and their offers etc etc

Cheers

I took a 12 month contract with o2 and after the 12 months the new handset I wanted wasn't released yet, so I said I didn't want an upgrade, and they offered me line rental for £10 a month for the whole year. and 2 weeks later the phone came out, so I upgraded, and they left me on £10 a month, so I got a better deal

the handset upgrade was £160 (xda mini s at the time) and it was faulty so I returned it and they replaced it, and gave me my my £160 back as a gesture of goodwill,

so the second year of my contract, I got the xda mini s for free (which I sold for £310 on ebay) and a tenner a month, keeping my old handset

dial a phone used to be singlepoint, may still be, they like losing cancellation letters from customers, so they can keep charging line rental, they even managed to lose one that was recorded mail

dial a phone used to be singlepoint, may still be, they like losing cancellation letters from customers, so they can keep charging line rental, they even managed to lose one that was recorded mail

That reminds me that whilst the claim was being sorted out on their insurance, that they refused to take amything to do with, they still collected the line rental on a phone not being used.

I have been with Cellnet-BT Cellnet-O2 for nearly 10 years, pay £30 pcm, get 400 minutes, 500 texts and 100KB of mobile internet for that. They check my bill every quarter and if I could have been on a better deal I get a refund and the new tarrif applies automatically unless I tell then not to. Coverage and Customer service is great.

In short you are better going direct, cut out the "middle man" and get a better deal.

If you like O2 and don't want aggro, then forget the dealers like Dial-A-Phone etc. Go to O2's website and you can get some good prices there. I get 400 any-net minutes, 1000 texts, unlimited O2-O2 calls and a 1MB WAP allowance for £30 a month, on an 18 month deal with a new Sony Ericsson K850i. And in general terms, dealing with the network direct is a lot easier than dealing with a third party provider like Dial-A-Phone etc with their pain in the ***** 'cashback' deals.

Thanks for the info guys i decided going with dial a phone could end up being more hassle than its worth so I've stuck with Vodafone although i threatened to leave so they gave me a new phone the W910i Gold and 12mths half the line rental i was currently paying so all in all not a bad deal

Thanks Again

Good choice mate, as the others have said things like Dialaphone do actually give you the stuff they offer, but you have to be really careful about getting redemption letters back exactly when they want them as they find any excuse to try not give you stuff.

Vodafone's outbound CS is fantastic, done it for the last few years now, just request PAC and wait for a few days for them to call you and they give you anything you want!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links