Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does anyone know how to remove the sunroof, as a pigeon has smashed the glass and i will have to replace the sunroof, even if i could get it off and replace the glass with perspex just now before the rain gets in.

Hi

If you are insured fully comp this covers you for all glass not just the windscreen.

Sorry, don't know how to remove it though, would imagine you have to remove the headlining and remove the whole thing in one go, was like that on a Range Rover I used to have...

Good luck

Pete

It is not as bad to remove as i thought and i can get one for £40 inc del, i might give it a go as my windscreen excess is £80, I was doing 60mph, the sunroof was in the tilt position, the pigeon went through the sunroof smashing it, it then must have caught the metal rim and disintegrated, It was a three way split, 1/3 went back the roof and boot, 1/3 was lying in the sun blind that was 1/2 open, the other 1/3 was on the passengers seat :sick: boy does the granules of toughened glass cover a big area, i will have to hose the car down today, as it is covered in small bits of glass and glass dust. :angry:

It is not as bad to remove as i thought and i can get one for £40 inc del, i might give it a go as my windscreen excess is £80, I was doing 60mph, the sunroof was in the tilt position, the pigeon went through the sunroof smashing it, it then must have caught the metal rim and disintegrated, It was a three way split, 1/3 went back the roof and boot, 1/3 was lying in the sun blind that was 1/2 open, the other 1/3 was on the passengers seat :sick: boy does the granules of toughened glass cover a big area, i will have to hose the car down today, as it is covered in small bits of glass and glass dust. :angry:

Blimey talk about bad luck.... I had a pigeon hit a windscreen a few years ago and it smashed the screen (laminated) and the mess spread from there to the boot.... good luck cleaning it up....

Mind you a mate of mine hit a sheep at about 30mph in a nearly new Mk111 Cortina years ago and it wrote the car off!!!!!

Pete

Does anyone know how to remove the sunroof, as a pigeon has smashed the glass and i will have to replace the sunroof, even if i could get it off and replace the glass with perspex just now before the rain gets in.

Do you still need a run down on how to replace the glass?

If so the PM your email and I'll send you a list on how to do it.

Haven't had your email so will list the items in order and you can print out this page.

SUNROOF REMOVEL.

1) Disconnect Battery.

2) Remove map light(Three screws and the light & disconnect the connector)

3) Remove the Front pillar garnish.

a) Rear seat cushion, Rear inner seat belt and the back.

B) Roof side inner garnish.

c) Centre visor amd inner rear view mirror.

d) Holders and front roof head lining.

4) Remove sliding roof garnishes(12 clips).

a) use a screwdriver to remove four sliding roof garnishes.

B) Remove roof headlining.

5) Remove sliding roof glass

a) Remove sliding six nuts and shims(Make sure you get the six shims)

B) Pull the glass upward to remove it.

I think you have the glass from a used unit so reverse of what you've just did.

If you want to fully remove unit then let me know, But a lot of more work.

If after refitting the window has any alignment problem then let me know and I'll tell you how to do it.

Send me your email for picture of the list with some pics etc.

• 2 weeks later...

All very well, but what about a thought for the poor pidgeon??? When you said 1/3 went over the roof, 1/3 lying in the sun blind and 1/3 on the seat, I thought crikey that is some bloody mess of guts, feathers etc.!

• 1 month later...
Haven't had your email so will list the items in order and you can print out this page.

SUNROOF REMOVEL.

1) Disconnect battery.

If after refitting the window has any alignment problem then let me know and I'll tell you how to do it.

SUNROOF REMOVEL.

1) Disconnect battery.

hi there , i am removing a sunroof and putting another one in , so i have put in a diffrent sunroof and now its not opening all the way , i think my alignment are wrong can you help to tell me how to do it thanks simon

SUNROOF REMOVEL.

1) Disconnect battery.

hi there , i am removing a sunroof and putting another one in , so i have put in a diffrent sunroof and now its not opening all the way , i think my alignment are wrong can you help to tell me how to do it thanks simon

my email is simonstewart92@hotmail.com

Blimey talk about bad luck.... I had a pigeon hit a windscreen a few years ago and it smashed the screen (laminated) and the mess spread from there to the boot.... good luck cleaning it up....

Mind you a mate of mine hit a sheep at about 30mph in a nearly new Mk111 Cortina years ago and it wrote the car off!!!!!

Pete

Ah yes... the Mk 3 Cortina. The LS400 of its day.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links