Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Poor Start Up

Nils

i apologise if discussed already, but every nw and again wen startin my car it doesn't seem to tick over, i dnt knw if its lack of fuel goin through or if thers too much and it gets flooded. once started no probs i can turn the car off and it will turn on fine afta that, could it possibly the Battery.

thanx Nils

When you say tick over do you mean with the starter turning the engine?

yeah sorry, the starter turns but the engine doesnt turn on straight away.

• 2 weeks later...
When you say tick over do you mean with the starter turning the engine?

yeah sorry, the starter turns but the engine doesnt turn on straight away.

I've had the same problem with mine every now and again, you can try and start the car several times before it actually turns the engine over.

I put it down to me driving the car a little hard over a short distance and the engine being slightly flooded (rushing to work).

Do you drive 2-3mile distances from cold?

Had this problem with mine a few times when I first got it. Was reading another post which talked about pressing the throttle pedal a few times before starting and the problem goes away.

What I've found is that if you turn the ignition on and just leave it for a few seconds (normally about the time it takes the headlights to level themselves if it's auto lights on time - don't like starting when they're doing their business as it interrupts them! But otherwise a similar length of time) then I don't get the problem at all. It happened three or four times initially and now it never does it. It could be the ECU detecting a low fuel pressure reading if you turn the key all the way to go, which then in turn tells the car not to start?? If you give it time to build up pressure then all's OK perhaps. Just a thought.

What I've found is that if you turn the ignition on and just leave it for a few seconds (normally about the time it takes the headlights to level themselves if it's auto lights on time - don't like starting when they're doing their business as it interrupts them! But otherwise a similar length of time) then I don't get the problem at all.

That's what I found aswell, I am used to do this now

yeah i only travel a few miles 2 work it sits the whole day then back home i come. i do tend 2put my foot down on the straight strecth near my house, but i guess i will have 2 slow down a bit.

Hi its jeff new to the site . I have an is300 on a 02plate its done 40,000 miles and iv got a morning and afternoon starting problem. it will take 2 or 3 turns of the key till it starts and when it dus it sounds like its fireing on 2 or 3 cilenders after 4 seconds later it will be fine. Ive taken it to lexus 3 times now still under warrenty and thay say theres nothing wrong with it and its the normal charactaristics of this engine but its driving me crazy can anyone help me pleeeez!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links